Thursday, December 9, 2010

sliding, mullet, ginger bread house, birthday celebration, fireplace...whew

Are you loving these monster posts yet? :)
Jon and the kids were sliding down the stairs on Jaedon's little sleeping bag.
It started out like this...
but then resulted like this.
Jaedon throwing a fit at the top of the stairs because he fell off. I finally cut Sof''s mullet off. Much better. We decorated a ginger bread house the other day for Family Home Evening.
The kids were doing a great job.
Sof's contribution to the whole project was making sure the candy tasted all right.
"Let's see..."
"we'll try this one..."
"no, this one..."
"yep, they taste pretty good. Continue."
While the kids were up getting a bath I added some things to the house. Jon kept saying how he wanted a hot tub. So I gave him a hot tub. There's Gingey enjoying a nice "frosting" tub with a glass of lemonade. And if you can't tell, it has a mailbox (which Jon and the kids did), with a stack of wood so Gingey won't get cold.
The great helper's with Jon's patriotic flare. :)
The kids helping Jon open his birthday presents. (This was the movie Shrek)
And for the real present that he wanted. A hot cocoa machine! It is fantastic too.
Don't forget the cake.
And finally, remember how our fireplace looked...
We made some adjustments.

The End.

9 comments:

jenni said...

i love mega posts!

Chris and Suzette said...

So much fun! The fireplace is BEAUTIFUL!

Rachel said...

Love the fireplace :) You did a great job!
PS I loved riding down the stairs in my sleeping bag when I was little :)

Donene said...

How many times did you ( as little kids slide down the stairs in sleeping bags, cardboard, I think that was when it got out of control and part of the wall paper on the wall came up missing!)I love the gingerbread house and especially the hot tub! and I love,love the fireplace!

Lori said...

Hey Mel, I have not been on your blog for a while and as soon as I saw your pictures I knew you got a new camera. And then looking at all your fun posts I can see you are putting the camera to use. Your family pictures are great and so are the ones that you took of the newborns and your friends. A fun lens that you might want to get next is the prime 50mm.

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun! Way to go on both your houses:)

Topper said...

The fireplace looks awesome!!! You guys are super do-it-yourselfers. Love the gingerbread hot tub. Que Creative!

Josie said...

great pics of the gingerbread house! very cute! And the fireplace looks very nice! Wow, what a change! oh and I have the same hot cocoa maker- LOVE it!

Claudia said...

Wow, I love the fireplace! You kids did a fantastic job with it! The gingerbread house is adorable as are all the big and little helpers that contributed to its construction! Sof definitely had the best job!