Thursday, May 14, 2009

BIG baby

(That big white blob thing on top of her head is her hand)
This baby for the most part has been measuring about right on with where she should be during this whole pregnancy until last Thursday... I went in for my appointment and the doctor measured my belly and said, "I think we need to get an ultrasound and just see how big this baby actually is, because you are measuring 3-4 weeks early." Which kind of surprised me because the last appointment I had, and all previous ones as well, she would be right on or barely over. So I thought that I might actually have a somewhat normal sized child. Oh was I wrong! I went in today for the ultrasound and I am 31 and a half weeks along, but the baby was measuring at 35 weeks. And according to their calculations she weighed 5 something (I can't really remember), but it was almost 6 pounds (the 6 pounds stuck in my head more than what they said about the 5 pounds). So I guess we will just wait and see what the doctor says next week at my appointment. I am really hoping that maybe they will move the due date... but probably not, because they didn't move it with Liv. (FYI: Jaedon weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz., and Livy weighed 9 lbs. 2.5oz.) Good news is that apparently she has lots of hair! Okay, and that she is healthy, and there is enough fluid in there for her to do somersaults in. ;)

11 comments:

jenni said...

oh wow!!! well at least maybe they will induce you two weeks earlier or something.

love that hand (looks like she holding it like she is going to faint), perhaps a little drama queen??

Rainee said...

I would be pushing for early induction. But then again I always say it really is the size of the head and shoulders that makes it hard.

Donene said...

Don't come too early or I won't be there! I remember what it was like though and I always wanted to go sooner so I hopefull she will just come when she is ready.

The Hulls said...

Yeah, maybe an early induction?! I like what Jenni said about her hand above her head, too cute!

Kristin said...

I love the ultrasound and can't believe how big of babies you have had! I think mine might be a 10 pounder with the size of JD and myself LOL..Hopefully you'll go early, keep us posted!

Rachel said...

You know you are doomed to NOT have normal sized children. :) That's just the way it is :) Just be glad they are healthy and maybe she can come a little bit early!

Katie May said...

Oh my chunker! But she sure does look cute!

Here's hoping this little girl makes a healthy, early appearance!

Whidget said...

Ah the joy of big babies!! At least you don't need many newborn clothes... :-) It's good news she is healthy and happy in there--and great news she has hair! Ah, my bald babies!

If you need somewhere to leave Jaedon and Livie, let me know and you can drop them off here.

Bridget

The Hulls said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kate said...

oh boy! you are a good woman! that's like delivering two of mine. you are in for some serious blessings for that, i think. hope you're able to deliver a little early.

Merced said...

We'll be thinking about ya, we hope everything goes good. You will love having a little babe around.