Saturday, May 2, 2009

what's in a name

Well, I am now 30 weeks!! YEAH...only 10 weeks, (or hopefully less), to go! Here are some profile pictures of the growing belly. Sorry no shots of the face because I wouldn't want you to be scared of the second chin that I am growing. :)

My cute little buddy came and got me out of bed the other day, and as I stood up and was waddling towards the door he says, "WHOA...you got a BIG belly!"
So finally to get to the title of the post, (this is for you Rach!). Jon and I haven't really talked a lot about names with this pregnancy. And I don't really know why either. But if you asked Jaedon what we should name the baby, he will tell you, "Princess Aurora". But way back when, when we were pregnant with Jaedon, and before we knew that he was going to be a boy or girl, our top girl names were Olivia and Sophia/Sofia. Obviously we all ready have an Olivia. Sophia/Sofia is and has still been at the top of the list, and no other names have really come by that we like more.
But when I was first pregnant with this one, I would walk around the house doing whatever with "Sophia Loren" running through my head. I wasn't really sure who this person was, but thought it was some famous/celebrity person. And then later found out that indeed she was a celebrity, she is an actress. Well, a good while back I had a dream. It was one of those vivid dreams. And in the dream, I believe I was dreaming, and the name "Sophia/Sofia Lorraine" came to me. (Lorraine is my Grandma, my Dad's mom.) And then next in the dream I dreamt I went and told Jon. He wasn't as excited about it as I was. And then in real life when I was telling him about my dream, I pretty much got the same reaction as in the dream.
I believe we will probably stick with Sophia/Sofia, but it isn't set in stone. And actually in the last little while Jaedon has been starting to say that the baby's name is going to be Sophia/Sofia. So maybe we should go with it, since Jaedon is calling the baby that name now.
With all that said though. I have issues. With this pregnancy I told myself that I wasn't going to tell anyone what we were thinking of naming the baby, but of course that is hard for me to do. But I have a hard time when people call my unborn child by the name that we are thinking of. I don't really know exactly why. To me the baby is not born yet, you haven't seen it to see if the name fits, and of course it is not written down on the birth certificate. So, for now while it is still in my womb, it is known as the baby.
I didn't realize it with Jaedon, and maybe no one ever called him Jaedon while in the womb. But with Livy I definitely noticed it and realized with her that I had some issues with calling the baby by the name we were thinking of naming the child.
All right I am done with that little tangent. Here are some cute photos though of Jaedon and Liv.

12 comments:

Katie May said...

What cute pictures!! You're seriously such a cute pregnant mommy!

I've always felt the same way about names. I'm glad to feel someone else struggles. I'm always on the fence about it!

Kristin said...

Love the pics!!! You are such a cute prego girl and I love the pics with the kiddos kissing your belly, so precious!

The Hulls said...

I love those pictures! Very cute belly and very cute little kids! I am the same way with names and until there actually born, I can't decide for sure.

Donene said...

I have already said that I love the name and baby it is until we see that cute little face.

Clark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

You look great! Good luck with everything these last few weeks!

kate said...

such a cute tummy and sweet pictures. names are so hard! we changed our baby's name like 6 times after she was born before we settled on olivia, which just fit her best. i totally agree, you have to see their faces and get to know their little personalities before you can be sure. hope all goes well for you, you're almost there!

Josie said...

I totally agree! I have never called my babies their names until the are born. Madi was "baby sis" and we called her that for a long while after she was born too. But I do think that Sophia is a really pretty name and goes good with Olivia. Cute belly and cute pics!

Rachel said...

Once again you are such a cute pregnant lady!
Thanks for the post. For some reason I kindof remember hearing that name, did you tell me that before or did I have the dream too?!

When you are pregnant do you have weird VIVID dreams? I always did.

Tam said...

you look so darn good! i didn't realize you were so close to the end. if you need anything/kid tending or whatever, give me a hollar.

Merced said...

cute pics and cute little belly.

Nancy said...

Great pictures! I totally second your ideas about calling the baby a name before they are born. Other people do it about my baby, but we just mostly call her "our baby" and "baby" cause, like you said, it's just not final yet.