Saturday, April 25, 2009

old to new

Here is the last of my "nesting" projects that I wanted to get done before the baby comes. I washed these cushions, and apparently they are not supposed to be washed in the washer. So along the seams, which you can't really see in the picture, they all have come undone and unraveled. The poor chair has been neglected, and has been like this for about a year. And I have had the material for it for about 3-4 months.

So here is the before...
and here is the after.

I put some extra padding on the bottom cushion as well. And so now it is nice and plush.

9 comments:

jenni said...

so nice! it really looks way better.

ps. thank you for having Gregg and Lilly over. Gregg got a good kick out of how friendly Livy was especially when Lilly was being like she was.

The Hulls said...

Good job Mel!!! It looks great, I like the new material!

kate said...

so cute! awesome job mel, you inspire me, my rocker needs some major attention too.

Donene said...

That looks awesome, isn't it amazing how just some new material can make something look so much better!

Chris and Suzette said...

Wow Melanie! It's really nice! Are you going to let us put it on display at enrichment Tuesday night? . . . please!

Katie May said...

Ooo! I'm so impressed!! I must pick your brain because I've been wanting to do the same!

Tam said...

you're oozing with talent. looks great!

Rachel said...

SO CUTE CUTE CUTE! Have I mentioned that you have your mother's artistic talent. I can only see things I like and try to copy, OR just buy them (Nate doesn't like that one as much!)

Merced said...

Darling Darling Darling!