Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I am not sure if I was quite deserving of everything that was done for me. But I know for sure that I have the BEST husband in the world. He is so very thoughtful and creative.
My Mother's Day started out with Jon making me breakfast. Some scrambled eggs, and orange rolls. MMMMM!
Jon had taken Jaedon the night before to get me something from the store. And whenever he takes Jaedon with him to get me something, Jaedon always wants to get pink roses. So I got some pink roses, and a movie to watch.
And Jon came up with a very cute and clever candy bar card.

Dear Sweettart, We hope you can Take 5 out of your crazy schedule to read the note from your Air Heads. We wanted to take you to the Symphony,

but I guess this will have to work instead. We hope you Snicker at our attempt for creativity. The other day was we passed the Reese's Factory, we couldn't help but Burst with happiness because we have the greatest mom and most beautiful wife in the world. Dad can't wait for his

100 Grand Pay Day so he can buy you that awesome leather sofa and loveseat you deserve so much! You truly are a Whatchmacallit, Life Saver, and you bring us Mounds of Joy! We hope you have an Extra special Mother's Day. We love you very much. You're the best!! Love Your, Swedish Fish

Then for lunch he warmed me up some leftovers we had from the night before. I then went to church by myself, since Jaedon and Livy were sick. And I was told to enjoy the 3 hours that I had away from the kids. Jon marinated some steaks and made Italian potatoes, corn on the cob, and some rolls for dinner. And of course to top it all off we had some ice cream. And enjoyed watching Marley and Me. It was definitely a very good Mother's Day for me, and I hope everyone else enjoyed theirs as much as I did.

4 comments:

Donene said...

Oh, Jon you are one clever guy. I loved the candy card and the flowers, movie, breakfast and dinner sounded great. Happy Mother's day Mel! you deserve it!

Claudia said...

You four are making great memories that you can enjoy for a lifetime!

Rachel said...

Jon jon jon, that is so cute and very thoughtful!

ALso how nice you got to go to church by yourself. you were probably able to actually LISTEN and HEAR the speakers :)!

Whidget said...

What a fun Mother's Day!! I hope they didn't have croup too!! Eli was sick Sunday as well. He's almost totally better now, but it was sad when he was so sick!!

I didn't realize you had a blog!! Cute!!

Bridget