Thursday, June 10, 2010

backyard

To keep the kids entertained while we were unpacking we let them play with the hose. From this picture our backyard actually looks pretty good. Don't be fooled. Our house was vacant for quite a while before we moved in, and our neighbors told us that the back lawn had not been mowed for as long 6 months! But the front yard looks a little better because the neighbors on both sides of us would mow that side while they were mowing theirs. There are lots of weeds and a TON of 'thatch' or dead grass back there. We have just finished raking it all up and both Jon and I are dead. It has taken 3 days to do.
I had to put this one on here because it just cracked me up. Again the kids are outside playing while we are still trying to get everything unpacked. There are some rock beds along the side of the house, and the kids love to play in it. This day they had old water bottles and were filling them up. When I looked out though, I thought, "What is on Jaedon's forehead!?" He had taken the wrapper off of the bottle and thought it would make a good headband I guess.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

You will LOOOOVE the backyard!

Mary Jones said...

I just wrote this long comment and it got erased. I'll see if I can remember it... You guys are doing a great job being homeowners. You've already mowed the lawn. The kids look like they are enjoying their new house as well. I love to see pictures of your new house. The back patio looks great, the kids will be able to do sidewalk chalk on it for hours.I love being able to send kids out back with a fence and not have to worry about them as much.

Claudia said...

Looks as if you are all enjoying your new homestead! You have done a great job with the yard. Nice thing about lawn, give it some water and it will return! Tell Jaedon I love his new style! So happy for all of you to have your own new home!

Donene said...

I think it looks great and when you keep mowing it will look better and better. Soo glad that you have a backyard now, you will love it. Jaedon and Livy look like they are enjoying it.