Tuesday, June 15, 2010

mormon trail

We have been doing a little bit of exploring. Not much, but that is what Family Home Evening is for! We went to Winter Quarters, or the Mormon Trail Visitor Center. It was quite nice. We took the "turbo" tour since Sofia was getting a little restless and ready for bed.
From the light of this picture you might be thinking it is during the day and wondering why Sofia is ready for bed. It stays light FOREVER out here! I am still amazed about it too.
Inside one of the little houses that housed 3 families! It is seriously as big as our bedroom. Crazy! Jaedon got to try out pushing a handcart And so did I. I am such a nerd!
Just across the street is the cemetery for some of the pilgrims. And the temple is just behind that.
I thought you would be able to see the Angel Moroni, but I guess the lighting wasn't very good
The 2 silly kids are a little more interesting in these photos any ways.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

They are silly kids! I am pretty sure you could pull a handcart all by yourself! :)

Donene said...

How fun to visit these sites. They are pretty silly, but pretty cute too! I am waiting for your furniture pictures!

Chris and Suzette said...

What a fun place to live by! I want to go visit there!! You mentioning the 3 families living in 1 "bedroom" make me feel a little guilty (better) about living and homeschooling 4 kids in our 3-bedroom apartment next year :)

Kelley Flint said...

How cute your kiddos are. My brother got married in that temple. I love how the cemetary is right there by it.

Claudia said...

Looks like a site we must visit when we visit -- which won't be too terribly far in the distant! Of course the cemetery will be my all time favorite, I already know.
Loved the pictures of the kids -- the silly kids! They are so cute...

Claudia said...

I am getting excited to visit the sites...and the best sight of all...The Bassett Bunch! Looks like you are enjoying your new place!