does wonders! Ever since we bought the house one of the first things I wanted to do was to paint the house. From this picture you can't tell the true color, but it is kind of a peachy-yellowish-fleshy color. I didn't like it...

But now I LOVE it!! It feels like a new house. The color is 'connected gray', but it is a dark green color. And no we did not paint it ourselves. We thought about it, but our neighbor paints houses for a living and so we had him do it. No regrets either. He did an awesome job.

The red door is my favorite part about it.

I thought I would show the back as well, and show the planting we have done. All that was in our backyard before was just grass. So we planted along the back of the house. They are still just small little starters.

Then in this corner I HAD to plant something to hide the hideous electrical boxes. We also planted a maple.

And on this side we have our garden. We have some corn, cucumbers, squash and tomatoes. We have only gotten 1
tomato from our
tomato plants, and have gotten lots of squash and cucumbers. The corn is not quite ready yet, but we are ready for it. Then in the corner it kind of slopes down, and so Jon built a little wall. We haven't figured out what we want to do there yet, hence no plants. And then we planted a birch tree on this side.
Everything is starting to come together and just feeling more like our home. Now I can't wait until our counter tops come. :)
7 comments:
Super exciting!! We miss you guys! Looks like all is well, though. Fancy to have a new house color. Also, Eli has that exact shirt (that Jaedon is wearing in the kindergarten post) From Children's Place, right? :-)
Bridget
Looks great, Mel. I like the color, and the yard is coming right along.
Love the color Mel! and, yes the red door is the icing on the cake. Yard looks great also! Everything is coming together beautifully! Can't wait to see the countertops! Claudia
I love the color. The difference is amazing. Love it!
Looks GREAT! You guys have done an awesome job on the yard too!
So fun. Your house looks great - paint and yard.
I love the new color! Way to go on picking such a great color1 I lvoe the re door, but I think you know that I love red. Your yard is looking great!
Post a Comment