Friday, August 13, 2010

to grandmas house we go...

I had good intentions of posting pictures each day of our trip when they occurred so that I wouldn't have a post with picture overload. Obviously that didn't happen and now you have to endure a big long post.
We made a last minute trip out to Utah/Idaho. My sister Rainee was out there and I figured I better go and see her while I could. Jon of course couldn't come so I made the drive by myself with 3 kids. Luckily my cousin James and his wife Laci live in Cheyenne and we were able to stop there for the night to break the driving up. The kids absolutely loved it at James and Laci's, and wished they could have stayed there longer.
On the first day at my parents we went to the Famous Preston Night Rodeo. There was a parade and carnival beforehand, and the kids were loving every minute of it.
At one point during the this ride, Rainee looked over at me and asked who was holding Sofia? I had no clue. She had been wandering around. After this ride we lost Sof again for a brief time, which of course all sorts of thoughts are running through my head. But then we found her just acting like an adult strolling around the carnival. After we lost 'Miss Independent', this is where she was for the rest of the night. Locked up!
There was a lot of time spent on the tramp...
and throwing things into the pond. (Sorry Dad) They even had a "Grand" Camp.
We went to Dinosaur Park
And there was lots of time playing with cousins. For some reason these hats with the wig under it was a big hit.
All of the grand kids with Grandma and Grandpa
And the rest of the family minus Jon and Doug
We went to Downata Hot Springs where Jaedon took off his tube in the pool and was struggling to stay above the water. I hate water.
Then down to Delta where there was more time spent on the tramp...
Having ice cream sandwhiches
More playing on the tramp
Making cupcakes
and frosting them...
or more like eating the frosting
We were watching Sponge Bob one morning, and so I drew him on this big doodle thing, and then Jaedon said he wanted to try...
Pretty Awesome. (Those flower things are Jellyfish) Millard County was having their fair while we were there too
These were Jaedon's favorite
Thank you to all of our families for taking care of us while we were there. We love you guys!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

It was so fun seeing you while you were here! I loved it! Sofia's smile is SO CUTE! She is so happy. I think you should probably crop me out of the top picture :) and how did you get a good picture without mac's rear end?
Tell Jon we missed him!

Chris and Suzette said...

Looks like such a fun vacation! You are brave to drive that far alone with your kids . . . I'm not sure I'd do it :)

Liz Szilagyi said...

Picture overload = comment overload.
1) Liv would make a great red head. She looked so cute with her wig/hat. 2) Sof went to town on that ice cream sandwich! I loved it. 3) Jaedon's sponge bob was SUPER impressive. I actually can't believe it.

Glad you had fun, two fairs is the perfect time to go.

Oh, and why are kids faces always so serious when they frost cupcakes? I love Jaedon's intensity while Liv was stealing a bite. Great moment.

Claudia said...

Cute, cute pictures! I've been waiting and waiting for a post -- it's been awhile... What a great time we had with you in good old Delta. Thanks so much for taking that long long long long road trip Mel! You are a trooper. The kids were so much fun. We loved having you here and hated to see you go. Give them all a hug for us.
Love, Grandpa B

Claudia said...

Loved the post, loved the photos, and LOVED the visit! Thanks for braving it alone, we sure enjoyed you all!!! Love ya, Claudia