Tuesday, April 26, 2011

vacation part 2

The second stop on our vacation was in Kansas City at the Great Wolf Lodge. It was a vacation of lodges. This fun clock tower is in the lobby and the animals do a story and song thing which I will explain later.
They have a game you can play called the Magi Quest, which you get a magic wand to play and have the pictures and screens respond to you. Outside our room was a TV screen of a dragon sleeping and the kids would always tip-toe by it not to wake him. this is also part of the game. They had this big screen and then right behind me was one of a dragon that you would have to fight and kill. We then made our way down to the water park that is in the hotel. It was very fun and the kids loved it. Jaedon and Sofia loved the slides, and Livy loved the hot tub.
They also have an arcade room, which reminded me a lot of Chuck E. Cheese. We need to take Livy to Casinos because this girl has unbelievable luck. We first did a game where you spun a huge wheel (like the one off of Price is Right) and if you got it in this little 3 inch area you could win 100, 200, or 400 tickets. Well Livy got a hundred. Then Jon took her over to play Deal or No Deal and was letting her pretty much play it all by herself. The max tickets to win was 400 then 200 and etc. About the second case she opened she opened the 400 case, and Jon thought it wasn't going to go very well, but she went all the way and ended up winning 200 tickets!
she was pretty excited
really excited
At night they have a Story Time, out by the clock tower that I was talking about earlier. Sof was pretty impressed with the talking animals.
After the little show of the animals, a lady came out and read them a story.
Then they had a wolf come out and give them a hug good night.
Sofia of course wouldn't get close enough, but she did wave.

5 comments:

Chris and Suzette said...

I soo want to go take my family and stay there! What a FUN place to vacation :)

Rachel said...

Okay........what a TOTALLY FUN PLACE! I want to go there. How far was it from your house?

We went to fat cats yesterday for the last day of Kace's spring break and I played deal or no deal. Livy beat me though :)

Merced said...

Your vacation looks like so much fun! Your photogrpahy is great! Congratulations on baby #4. Thanks for letting me know about Grandma Shaw, I had no idea. Also, I need a shirt as well wondering where my hubby is too!

Donene said...

I don't think I would want to hug a wolf either! What a fun place though and I bet the kids loved it!! Way to go Livy, you are the winner!

Claudia said...

Your vacation looks like a fun time was had by all! It did look like a most wonderful vacation to take. So much for the children to do. What great memories you are creating for the little ones. Isn't family life the best! Claudia