Sunday, May 29, 2011

field day

On the second to last day of school Jaedon had Field Day. I was kind of excited for him because I remember my field days growing up and how fun they were. But his field day was a little different than the ones I had. Ours was more filled with races and competitions that you got prizes for if you won. Jaedon's was just more games and just for fun. No real competition. Which of course is fine, but the competitive side of me was a little disappointed.
Here are some of the games that they played:
Shoe toss/throw
(On this particular turn they told them that they could throw it any way they wanted, and Jaedon threw it backwards over his head.)
Balancing a tennis ball on a spoon. The teacher wanted in on the action, and had a race with Jaedon...Jaedon was paying more attention to the teachers ball, rather than his own.
Not sure what you want to call this game.And this one. But they had to throw a hula hoop in front of them and then jump in the middle of it, and then pick it up and then continue on doing the same thing until they reached the end.Jump rope
And always a favorite, tug of war.

2 comments:

Donene said...

OH, I remember those field days and how fun they were! Looks like Jaedon had fun! Maybe you will have to challenge Jaedon to a foot race and see who wins :)

Rachel said...

I do NOT like how everything these days are not about the competition. I know that they don't want kids to lose, but that is LIFE. They get over it a lot faster than the parents do. I think it is good for them.
Can't wait to see you :)