Tuesday, May 10, 2011

roller coaster

We are finally getting around to getting some different color around the house. At first we didn't mind that every room in the house was the same, but now I think we are ready for a little bit of change. So I started downstairs with Jaedon room. I asked him if he could have any kind of room that he wanted, what would it be. Can you guess his answer? The kid LOVES roller coasters! So I started to do some searching for roller coaster bedding and roller coaster rooms. Not too much popped up. So I had to figure something out. Here is what we came up with:
"Life is a roller coaster. Enjoy the ride!" My circle is a little off. It was hard to paint straight lines with a bumpy textured wall. Jaedon drew these pictures, and they hang on the opposite wall, at the foot of the bed.
It was hard to find green and yellow fabric together. I didn't want to get new drawer-storage-cubby-thingys, so I made the pillows to help tie in the green.
Jaedon loves it! And that is all that matters. He even slept down there all by himself last night. Love the kid and his obsession with roller coasters.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I am super impressed with your roller coaster. I also love Jaedon's drawings. It is perfect!

Em said...

I love it! The roller coaster is so cute and how creative to frame his beautiful artwork!

Liz Szilagyi said...

Those pictures he drew are pretty much the cutest thing ever. Love that kid! I sure am missing them all so much right now! I've never been away from them this long. :( We were spoiled with our DC/Hershey set up.

Claudia said...

Mel,
That room turned out so dang cute thanks to Mel and Jaedon's art work!! You did a fantastic job. I can see why he loves it. Jaedon, you need to draw one more roller coaster for Grandma's wall!

Too cute!
Claudia

Donene said...

Your roller coaster looks great! I love it! I love the framed ones as well. The saying goes so well with everything. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Awesome roller coasters! What a talented cousin I have, and your kids are just as talented. Way to go!

Chris and Suzette said...

I LOVE the rollercoasters! What a fun theme for a kids room. You both did a FABULOUS job on your coasters. I have to admit . . . I have an obsession with them too :) I miss Hershey Park.