Wednesday, July 18, 2012

a wild 7

Jaedon turned 7 on the 17th. The kid was so excited that he went to bed way late and then was up at 6am! The one thing that he said he wanted was a CuddleUppet, an alligator. You would think it would be some kind of awesome toy or something that would be at the top of his list, but no, a blanket that is a puppet. We love the kid though.

This is him opening the paper with the picture of the cuddleuppet. I will explain later in 3rd picture.
 He wanted a jungle/safari birthday party and cake. One day while walking through Target, love that store, there were these (woman's) hats on sale and one that looked just like a safari hat. I walked over there and Jaedon wanted it so bad. So it soon switched from wanting the cuddleuppet to really wanting the hat.
So here he is decked out in his safari gear.
 Onto the cuddleuppet story. About a week and a half away from his birthday he told us that the one thing he really wanted was a cuddleuppet. So the next day we got online and ordered it right away. Well, each day passed and I thought I would get an email, but nothing. So finally the night before his birthday I emailed them and asked what was going on. Never heard anything back. So then on his birthday I called, and was kind of feeling bumbed for him that he didn't have the one thing he really wanted, but I guess he did have his hat. :) So when I called they looked things up and said that it should be in the mail today. So I had Jaedon run to the mailbox, and he came running back with a package. He was SO excited that it came, and I was happy that it happened on his birthday.
 Birthday boy with his Jungle cake
 Some of the friends at the party getting ready to sing Happy Birthday
 I love it when they open presents because all the kids circle around and get in as close as they can get. They are just as excited for the presents as the birthday kid is.
It turned out to be a great day, and I can't believe that Jaedon is all ready 7! He is such a good kid and brother and son. He loves to please everyone and is very helpful when I have my hands full.
Happy birthday buddy, we love you!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Happy Birthday Dear Jaedon...
It sounds like you had a great day. Wish we could have been there. We loved the pictures (thanks Mel!). We love you sooooooooooooo much.
Grandpa and Grandma B

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday to Jaedon!

I love the cuddleuppet story. Glad it came for his actual birthday.

I also think it is funny watching kids watching someone open presents. I used to try to get them to stay put in their circle. One second later I realized it was a lost cause!

Donene said...

Happy Birthday Jaedon, it looks so fun! can't wait to see you this week!

Liz Szilagyi said...

That's so fun that his present came in the mail that day. Mail packages are awesome, I bet he was so excited. You did a great job putting together a cute party. I can't believe he is 7 either, time goes fast.