Sunday, August 5, 2012

swim lessons

uugghh...I think the crazy life of 4 kids is finally catching up to me. I just don't have the time (or motivation) most days to get on here and blog away like I used to. Maybe it is because I have a lot of catching up to do. Actually though, when I went back and looked at my pictures, this was the only thing I haven't blogged about yet. So I guess I must be doing all right. :)

We finally signed the kids up for swimming lessons. After having about 4-5 dreams, nightmares of the kids drowning, I think it was about time. The kids loved it! Well, Sofia took some days to get used to it, but quickly grew to love it. The first day she was kicking and screaming her head off just to WALK into the water. But each day got better and better.
 Jaedon going down the slides.
The first few times he went with his teacher and then realized that he could touch.
 Livy having a go at the slides.
I think she had a crush on this teacher. 
 Then here is Sofia. The only one that went off the diving board. Who would have thought after seeing her the first day at swim lessons she would be doing this by the end? 
She walked out there quite cautiously, and I thought she was going to turn around and go back...,
 nope, she jumped.

It is amazing at what just 10 days of swim lessons can do for a kid. By the end Jaedon was swimming independently, Livy was swimming as well,but has to stay where she can touch, and Sof is just Sof. Miss Independent! Money well spent I would say.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Loved the pics! Wish we could be there to see them swim. Looks like so much fun! Give them a kiss from the Bassett grandparents.

Liz Szilagyi said...

Sounds like so much fun. I bet that was a busy 10 days for you, but definitely seems well worth it. Sof jumping off the diving board is AWESOME!

Jessica J. said...

Liv totally crushed on that guard... look at her trying to put her arm around his neck going down the slide. dirty!

Rachel said...

and why wouldn't she have a crush on her teacher. From the last week or so I have learned that swimmers are hot (other than michael phelps' face).
We are doing swim lessons this week to. Hopefully they don't all forget what they have learned by next year!

Donene said...

amazing how quick they catch on! and I'm not surprised that Sof jumped off, she is one independent little girl!