Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas Card and Letter


Excerpts from Jaedon's Diary...if he could write that is!


05 Jan 2007
What a day! Dad had class all morning long. When he got home we all got in the car and drove to a big airport. There were cool looking planes and helicopters all over the place! We walked into a building and everyone was wearing camouflage. Dad sat down at a table and signed a ton of papers! Then he held up his hand, said a couple of words, and got his picture taken. Mom put a shiny pin on his collar and then he was officially an officer in the United States Air Force.
14 Feb 2007
It snowed a bunch last night. I went outside to help dad shovel the snow, but it was as hard as a rock! Not at all like the soft snow we had in Utah. The guy on the news was talking about “freezing rain”. I guess that is what made our snow so hard. Mom had a Dr.’s appointment early that morning, something about a baby. We barely made it! Dad went to school after the appointment, but school was cancelled, so he stayed home with Mom and me all day!
08 Apr 2007
Another Easter has come and gone. That makes three for me! I woke up in the morning and when I came out of my room I saw Easter eggs everywhere. I grabbed my basket and away I went. There were even two great big eggs that were filled with candy and toys!
02 Jul 2007
Mom and I are on an airplane right now. I sure do like to fly, but it’s asking a lot out of a two year old to sit in one place for 3 hours! We spent the last six weeks in Utah with my Grandmas and Grandpas. I haven’t seen my dad for a while. He went to Alabama to attend officer training school for the Air Force. I sure do miss him. I can’t wait until he sees how much I have grown!
12 Jul 2007
It’s raining like crazy outside! I guess upstate New York is always like this during the Hill Cumorah Pageant. It’s about 2:00 AM and mom and I are hanging out in the back of the car. Dad said he wanted to stay out in the tent all night because he wasn’t afraid of a little water. It wasn’t so much the water that scared me, but the lightning and thunder were spooky! Mom was pretty mad at dad for some reason or another. Maybe because the air mattress wouldn’t stay pumped up, rain was dripping on our heads, and there was a huge puddle of water in our tent. Personally, I think it is because her belly is so big. The doctors say it will only be two months before I have a baby sister!
17 Jul 2007
I’m officially 2 years old today. Finally! Everyone always thinks I’m at least 3 and that I should be talking fluently by now. Give me a break! I’m just a little big for my age. We had a little party, opened presents, and ate a Shrek cake. It was a great day.
10 Aug 2007
Summer is coming to an end. It has been a busy one. We went and saw the Baltimore Orioles and the Reading Phillies play. We also went to Washington DC to visit my aunt and uncle and see some of the sights. And then we topped off the summer with a trip to New York City. It was a very busy place. We took a boat over to the city and went right past the Statue of Liberty. Then we went up the Empire State Building, strolled through Central Park, and walked through Times Square. We even saw the Yankees play. This will be forever known as the summer I fell in love with baseball!
21 Sep 2007
I got woken up at 3:00 this morning! Mom and dad took me to baby Emmi’s house to sleep while they went to the hospital. Dad picked me up at lunch time and we went to the hospital to see mom and my new baby sister, Olivia. She’s pretty cute, I guess. All she does is eat and sleep. I just hope she doesn’t cut into my mommy and daddy time.
25 Oct 2007
Just finished trick or treating. Man, I made a haul! I dressed up as a baseball player and Livy was a pumpkin. We did a lot for Halloween this year. We went to Hersheypark in the Dark, hunted Halloween eggs at the Outlets, and watched the Halloween parade. It was pretty fun, but I didn’t like putting on black makeup under my eyes!
26 Nov 2007
We decorated the house for Christmas today. I am so excited! I can’t wait to see what Santa brings me. I look forward to having another merry Christmas in Hershey and I hope everyone else has a merry Christmas too!

3 comments:

Linds said...

Mel,
That letter was darling! You are such a great little mom! I love the Christmas Card. Merry Christmas, I hope it is a great one!!

Alyson said...

What a clever way to do a year end recap! You have such a cute family. Congratulations on such a successful year! Happy Holidays!

kate said...

what a cute idea, that was so fun to read! your pictures are good lookin' too! hope you've seen the end of the ice storms, how scary! merry christmas!!