Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Now We Are Ready For Easter!

So, I was sitting at home, soaking up my spring vacation when I started thinking of all the wonderful things I would like to do before I die (odd what free time can do to a person!). Amidst dreams of medical humanitarian work among the Yanomami Indians deep in the Amazon and being employed as a gondolier in Venice I received this amazing stroke of ingenuity. Why not craft a pinata in the shape of the Easter Bunny! Pure brilliance! Alas, revenge would be ours. For years the Easter Bunny has been hiding candy, toys, clothes, ect. all over the house and yard just knowing that Easter morning we would hunt after it like some mindless animal. Not this year, my friend. No, this year there will be nothing to hide. Everything will be packed tightly inside this little bunny, just waiting to bust out. He may put up a fight, but in the end we will prevail. Vengeance will be ours!!

On a side note, we actually had a blast making the pinata. It was our FHE activity for a couple of weeks, but it was well worth it. I would like to thank Jaedon and Mel for all the countless hours that went into this pinata. I may have been the brains behind the whole project, but it would not have come to fruition if it wasn't for their dirty hands, swift brushes, and immaculate coloring skills. I would also like to thank Livy for her endless encouragement and overwhelming fascination with our new family pet. Look out Easter!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love my husband!! He has quite the imagination, and creative mind.

Rachel said...

I'll say! I was wondering as I was reading what got into Mel with all of her "Free" time, but actually it was jon writing so it is even more CRAZY!
You guys are great parents and are giving your children lots and lots of great memories! :)

Hansen Family said...

Love the idea!!! Too much work though for me:)

Donene said...

I think it was a great idea because then you can recycle the candy that he got last Saturday and he will have fun all over again. Way to think Jon!

jenni said...

I love the end pictures, the bunny is apart of the family pic! very cool project!