We had quite the busy weekend. Every day was filled with something. So, sorry for the long post, but just goes to show what all happened over our Easter weekend.
Friday, we had an Easter egg hunt with Jaedon's preschool group and the second year's with little kiddos. Addy was the winner, or finder of the BIG egg. She was so excited!! Then we went on to the pinata!! I'm not sure the kids knew what to think. Some of them really enjoyed swinging the bat and hitting the bunny though. But when the candy fell out, they all just stood there and didn't know what to do.
Saturday, we had Jaedon find his Easter basket. Why Saturday? Well, Jon thought he was going to have a meeting on Sunday morning, but then got cancelled right after Jaedon found his basket. Oh, well. Jaedon was very excited, and did a double take when he found it. It was pretty funny to watch. Then we were off to coach the Young Women in our ward in their basketball tournament. It's interesting how you forget what it was like and how you acted as a youngster.
When we got home from basketball, we then dyed some Easter eggs. This was Jaedon's first go at it. And of course, since he is Mr. Independent, he wanted to do it all by himself.
Sunday, we dressed up in our Easter attire, and had a little photo shoot. Jaedon wasn't quite as cooperative as I would have liked, and Olivia just wanted to slobber all over the eggs, so that is why in alot of her pictures her tongue is hanging out, or there is an egg in her mouth.
Then after church we had all of the 2nd year's over for Easter dinner. It was very good food, and very good company. I forgot to take pictures though, dang it! I had made a cake that was like an Easter basket. It turned out all right, not quite like the picture, but it tasted good. :)
After I took the pictures from our little photo shoot I decided I would try and get Livy's hair into a little pony. I thought it was pretty cute, so I left it for church.
And this is what it looked like this morning!! It was a pretty awesome mo-hawk little miss Livy was sporting.
And now here it is Monday all ready, and we haven't done a dang thing. We are all still in our jammies (except for Jon of course, because he is at school). And now it is nap time, and we are all going to take a long, very good, much needed nap! :)We hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!! We sure enjoyed ours!






11 comments:
What cute pics. I can't believe how long Livy's hair is already! She is such a doll and I love her Easter Dress. So cute! It was fun having a little one this year to do an Easter Basket for, the past 10 years it has just been Luke and I and we do an Easter Biscuit hunt for the dogs!
wow you all were busy! Livy has a huge beautiful smile in almost every picture! loved your photoshoot idea too
Sounds like an eventful weekend! Glad everything went good, I would like to see the easter basket cake......IMPRESSIVE!
I love Livy's dress! She looked so cute :) I love how Jaedon's tie matched her dress. Livy's hair is growing so fast.
Love the post. Especially loved the mohawk. I have the cutest nieces and nephews. I already miss Jaedon and Livy. Thanks for having us over!
I agree with Alizabeth...I LOVE the Mohawk hair style on little Miss Livvy! Actually, I loved all the photos. Her Easter dress is adorable! I like the photo of Jaedon giving her a kiss. You folks did a great job on the bunny! What a wonderful little family you are. A parents dream! How nice to know my grandchildren are so well taken care of and are blessed with such wonderful parents! What more could I ask for. Thanks for all the photos! And keeping us posted with what is happening in your lives. Can't wait to see you all in May.
You did have a busy weekend, the photo's are all so cute and I remember when I was able to put your hair in a pony tail it was exciting and yes Livy looks very cute with hers. Now you will have to put a curler in it and it will curl over. thanks for all of the cute pictures and you were very brave with all of the egg dye on the floor. Way to go Jaedon!. The Pinata turned out so cute and I bet that it was fun!!
Cute babies, cute pictures! Thanks so much for helping out with the YW! It was a big job and we are really glad you were so generous with your time and willing to do it:)
Wow Mel! What a fun weekend. Hope you were able to rest up. I love all of the pictures, esp the mohawk! :) And it was so fun to see you in some of the pictures with Jaedon. You look so much like your mom, which, as always is gorgeous!
Wow, you have some great pictures of Livy and Jaedon! Hip Hip Hooray for Easter Bunny Pinatas!
and I think my sister in law say your "all because two people fell in love" saying and put it on her blog now too!
I love the pinata idea, Boone would too, maybe we'll try that next year. What a sweet little family you have.
Post a Comment