Friday, September 5, 2008

Working again...

No, I did not get a job and join the working force again. Our internet has been running REALLY slow, and today they came out and fixed it. I guess something was wrong with our modem. So now we are back to high-speed internet! Funny the things that we take for granted and miss when they are gone.

So for a little update of the past week: Jon's cousin Mike and his family live in Columbia, Maryland, and decided to come and visit for Labor Day. They have a little girl that is 10 days younger than Jaedon, Sofia. And a little boy that is a month or so older than Livy. It was fun to see Jaedon and Sofia interact. They were both really shy at first, but after just a little bit, they were best friends!! I personally think they could be brother and sister. Which is interesting because I think Jaedon takes after my side of the family more in looks...
This is them meeting each other for the first time at Liz's wedding before both of them turned 1.
And here they are reunited again...! Having some fun at Chocolate World.
This one is my favorite...Jaedon's little smile makes me laugh.
Jon started his surgery rotation this week as well. It hasn't been as awful as I thought, so that is good. He is doing ENT (ear, nose, throat) right now, and says he has some weird fascination about surgery. What ever that is supposed to mean. So for me and the kids we have been doing little things here and there to keep ourselves busy. The other day I went and got a month pass to swim to help me get ready for my triathlon, and then we went and played at Cocoa Castle. It was hot and poor Little Livy was sweating to death, so we didn't stay too long. But anything to get out for a little bit.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

COCOA Castle! Where is that? It looks fun!
I love Jaedon's smile too, but my favorite pic is of him and sofia in their factory worker hats!

Claudia said...

Too cute those photos of the 2nd ggeneration cousins holding hands! I liked the same photo you liked Mel. Aren't Cheffi and Mike so very nice. Glad they could come and visit. As for the Cocoa Castle photos I absolutely love the second one down of little Miss Livy! That is the cutest smile!! So is Jon away from home more with surgery rotation? Can't wait to hear about it. Have a great week Bassett Family! Love, Mom, Claudia, Grandma Bassett, whatever

Donene said...

I was telling Dad that I bet that metal slide wasn't too cool did they complain of burning their behinds sliding down. The pictures are very cute and Livy does look very hot. Is cocoa castle where that big wooden stucture is not too far from your home? Can't wait to come and see you all!

Josie said...

looks like fun! I am loving Livy's hair! (and I have always thought Jaedon looks exactly the Mac!)

kate said...

that park looks awesome. love the hand-holding, so sweet!

Claudia said...

What fun pictures. I absoluely love Livy's hair, and I agree with your mom -- Livy looks HOT!!!
The pictures of Jaedon and Sophia were adorable. I'm so glad you finally got in touch with Mike, Cheffi and family. Who'd've ever thought that three of Granny's grandchildren would live back east within two hours of each other? Family is everything.
I love you.
Scott, Grandpa B, Pa, whatever

Kellie Jean said...

Bennett would be jealous to know that Jaedon held her hand and won't hold his.....Lets keep it between you and me!

Merced said...

Chocolate world sounds fun. I'm impressed that you take your family camping so much. I'm sure your kids love it! Congratulations on your 5th anniversary. I remember going to your reception, when I was prego with Merced.