Well, from my previous post, it was our anniversary on Friday. That morning Jon had to take his test for his Medicine rotation, and then had to do a presentation. But when he got home we celebrated our anniversary by going camping...with the kids. And it just wouldn't be camping "Bassett" style unless there was some rain. It hasn't rained for months out here, and so of course since we were going camping..., it rained ALL day Friday. For dinner though, instead of trying to get a fire going, and keep it going, we just opted to go out to eat. We found this little family restaurant, Ruppert's Family Restaurant. It wasn't amazing food, but it wasn't bad either. It was pretty good. It was a fun little atmosphere though. A small town feel, which both Jon and I like. It did stop raining by about 9 or 10 at night. And then it didn't rain at all Saturday. So we went exploring. Our camping site was right next to the lake and so Jaedon and Livy kept walking over to the dock. We went exploring on some trails that they had as well. It reminded me a little bit of the Sacred Grove, it was very pretty. The best part though, and this may seem weird, but we saw a real live walking stick. It was on the side of our car when we woke up Saturday. It really does look just like a stick, and it seemed like it had these pincher things on his tail end, but I think they were just for show. We stayed until after lunch. We roasted hot dogs, and s'mores, and then called it a trip.
14 years ago




3 comments:
Nice Anniversary! Looks like it was fun though. Maybe next year you can go somewhre alone!
Happy Anniversary, nothing says love like KIDS!
I must say that one your anniversary post I think the photographer on the last picture is amazing! hehe I think you guys are really just photogenic!
It looks like a beautiful place and the pictures are so cute. I loved the ones walking down the path. The walking stick is pretty interesting. Livy is getting cuter and cuter. Of course Jaedon is cute too.
Post a Comment