Sunday, October 11, 2009

fall festival

Jon was on call this Saturday, so I decided to pack up the kids and take them to a Fall Festival that a local Nursery was having. There was all sorts of free things to do and the kids had a blast.
And here is your warning now: There are a lot of pictures! :)
Searching for candy in the straw...
I don't think they were too sure about the straw. Then a scarecrow came and read them some stories. Pumpkin bowlingCorn TossLivy didn't get it quite at first...almost...got it!
Tractor photo op
More photo ops. Took Livy a minute to figure it out though.
Tattoos
Craft
Face painting. When the lady asked what Jaedon wanted, Jaedon said, "a bug." Then the lady says, "a Ladybug?" Which of course Jaedon said yes to. But who asks if a boy wants a Ladybug when he asks for a bug!!? Oh well.
matching Ladybugs...I don't think Liv's was too sure about this lady. I agree!
The straw maze
Popcorn!
Painting their pumpkins.
Livy was very serious about her detailing
The finished products!

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Cute, cute, cute. Looks like the kids had a blast. What a fun idea.

Lance n Amber said...

What a fun time. I can't stop laughing that the girl put a ladybug on your cute little boy! That is something!

Rachel said...

Livy looks so scared in some of those pictures. Jaedon looked like he was in heaven!It seems like there is so much to do (for free) out there.

um, what about the pictures of sofia? :)

Caitlin said...

How fun. I wish we had more stuff like that around here. I can't believe the lady asked him that! That was probably the only bug she knew how to paint.

Donene said...

Was this the fall festival that we thought was the weekend that I was there? It looks very fun and I wish we had more like that out here.