Wednesday, October 13, 2010

a lioness and her dirt

A couple of weeks ago we got the Halloween stuff out and the kids were having a great time looking through all the costumes and decorations. None of the kids have worn this lion costume, but I tried it on Sof to see what it would look like. She didn't care for the whole mane thing.
Then the other day I was trying to pin Livy's dress for her costume so it would fit her, and the kids were outside in the back. I knew they were over by that corner area where we don't have anything planted yet, and of course they were digging around in the dirt. Well, a couple of minutes later Jaedon comes to the door and yells, "Mom! Sof, has dirt on her face!" I then asked if it was just on her cheeks, and Jaedon told me yes. So I didn't think too much of it. BUT, then later Sofia came walking in and I looked up at her and saw this...
We had to leave for Jaedon's soccer game in just a little bit, so she went straight to the bathtub and was hosed down.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Gosh, she looks so sad, how could you get mad at her. It is like she knew she was doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing.

Liz Szilagyi said...

She is such a cute little Lion. I love that picture. One of my favorite childhood pics is the one of Jon, Matt and I mud bathing. Have you seen it? Classy!

Donene said...

She looks so sad in that last picture, like, please Mom don't get mad and then she realized that maybe it wasn't such a great idea! She looks like someone's picture in this photo but I can't figure out who. She is so cute in the lion costume! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sad! What a cute sad face. She looked adorable in the lion costume.

Claudia said...

No 'lion' that is one cute litte face! Even with her 'mud facial'.
Can't believe how grown up she looks! Too cute, too cute!
Claudia

Merced said...

Love it! My little May is always into something. Thank goodness it is just a stage :)

Mary Jones said...

We love these pictures. Isaac says the dirt on her face really brings out the blue of her eyes.