Sunday, August 14, 2011

camping 2 rivers

We went camping Friday night. The kids have been asking and asking to go, and so we finally just did it.
We realized that this was the first time that Sof had been camping. She was a trooper, but kept taking her shoes off and walking around barefoot every where.3 little happy campers There were little lakes all around this state park, and the one we were next to was the swimming one, but you could fish there as well.
This was Jaedon's first go at fishing. We of course didn't get anything, but he was SOOO excited to go fishing. That was the very first thing he wanted to do.
When we got back from fishing we went and played around on a little playground area they had there. On the way back from the playground we spotted this little guy.
Jaedon named it "Keeper", because he wanted to keep it. The next day we hit up swimming in the lake. Sof is crying because she wanted to be in the water and not posing for the silly camera.
It was a little cold, but not too bad, and you got used to it quickly.
Jaedon was seeing how far out he could get. And then Livy wanted me to take a picture of her.
Jon insisted on getting pictures of me. So here is your profile pic of the big Buddha belly. After seeing this, the baby sure is sitting high. And then we tried getting one of all us in the lake. Sofia was sad because she wanted me to hold her, because moments before she decided to see how far out she could get in the water, and give mom quite a scare. She is definitely our no fear child. Livy has lost interest and is looking else where, and Jaedon, well who knows what the kid is doing.
Being 36 weeks pregnant and going camping was not all that bad. It was hot and sweaty, and I had an air mattress to sleep on, but having to wake up 3 times during the night and go to the bathroom in the woods, wasn't the greatest. Oh well, I did it for the happiness of my family, and the kids definitely had a good time and did not want to leave. I think that means we need to go camping more.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

What a great mom you are. I hated waking up to go to the bathroom when we went camping when I was pregnant with kace (and I just did it for Nate....true love)
Love jaedon's pose in the last picture. Great!

Donene said...

It looks like a fun place and the water looks refreshing! I'm sure the kids loved it. Love the pictures and like the ones with the sunlight on the lake and of course the last one is priceless.

Lisa said...

I LOVE your cute tummy! Such cute pics! Looks like the whole family had a blast!