Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Talk about mood swings!

SO, I have had quite the day so far and it is only 1100 am. Last night we went to Wal-Mart to get diapers and wipes, and they didn't have any of Jaedon's size in the Parents Choice. So Jon then says, "Well, I guess this means Jaedon is getting potty trained!" Of course I just rolled my eyes at the idea because we have attempted many times to accomplish this, thus my previous post of any tips. Well, when we got home Jaedon pooped and I went and got a diaper and realized we really don't have all that many diapers left, so I decided, let's put underwear on. So we did. He never had to go by the time it was time to go to bed, but we did ask and atleast sit on the potty. Well, this morning Jon got up with Jaedon and put underwear on him again. But of course this means that it is up to me to deal with this potty training all day, since Jon is gone to school all day. I was sitting here at the computer doing my morning checks of emails and blogs, and I hear a noise I don't quite recognize, and I look over and there is Jaedon standing over a little puddle that is starting to form around him. Needless to say there was quite the one sided conversation that followed this event. But during it we went and sat on the potty so hopefully he would understand that this is where we go peepee. So we put on another pair of underwear and was going to see if we could make any progress. Well, oddly enough I was sitting at the computer again, but I was feeding Livy, and looking at the computer gives me something to do, rather than just sitting there. Any ways, Jaedon was kind of looking uncomfortable, so I told him to go sit on the potty, this took alittle of persuasion, but he went into the bathroom, but quickly came out because he couldn't get his underwear off. He finally got them off, and then had to take his shirt off also. Why do kids have to be naked when they sit on the toilet? Well, alittle bit later I hear him say joyfully, "I go peepee in the potty!" My reply wasn't probably the best one, but I said, "Oh yeah, good job." Thinking to myself, "Yeah right." But then I hear some banging around of the potty, and then the toilet flushed. So I thought that maybe he just used the potty to get up on the toilet, and the banging around of the potty was just him standing on it getting off of the toilet. But then, he came running down the hall and was so excited and said, "I go peepee on the potty, now I go to Chuck E Cheese!" (That has been our bribe for him to go potty) So I thought, "Wow, maybe he really did go to the bathroom." But remember I am confined to my chair, so I couldn't really go and check things out right away. But when I, or rather Livy, was done, I walked in there and there was a trace of alittle yellow liquid in the potty! So he must have gone. Then later I was feeding Olivia some cereal, and Jaedon went running out of the room, and then I hear, "I WENT PEEPEE ON THE POTTY!!!" So this time I went running into the bathroom, and sure enough there was a yellow lake in the potty! I couldn't believe it! A joyous chorus then began to sing 'Halleluhah!', and angels playing their trumpets! Jaedon then grabbed the bowl of yellow liquid and dumped it into the toilet and then flushed. So I am not saying he is potty-trained, but we have definitely made some HUGE progress! Are you wondering about the title, well, take into consideration that Jaedon peed on the floor, and then later I realized that I left all the stuff from Wal-Mart in the back of the car, and there were things that needed to be refrigerated. And Jaedon hasn't been quite an angel lately. I think the terrible two's are finally catching up with him, so he had all ready spent quite some time in 'time-out'. So I went from crying and having a self pitty party, to having an awesome day that Jaedon finally has figured out the whole potty business. (So far, atleast) :)

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wahoo! I am so excited for Jaedon! What a big step and he deserves Chuck E. Cheese!!! Way to go Jaedon!

Donene said...

Chuck E. Cheese here Jaedon comes! Just stay with it and he will figure it out, it sounds like he has had a great start. Yahoo! I love it when they finally get it.

Liz Szilagyi said...

Congrats! I can't wait to babysit this weekend.

Hansen Family said...

Good job!! Yeah its funny when our husbands tell us to potty train our kiddos! So starting maybe tomorrow I will put Kaitlyn in underwear outside:)

Laura said...

Matt did the same thing with Max. Made me mad because, like you said, I am the one home all day potty training him. I waited until I thought he was ready(a couple months later) and it was relatively smooth. Sounds like Jaedon is doing awesome. Way to go Mel!

Rachel said...

YEA!! Now that he has had a dose of how to go to the bathroom you can NEVER put a diaper on him again, it might confuse him of course!
You are one talented woman with all the multi-tasking!

Merced said...

I think being a parent is fun until you have to potty train your kids. It took my daughter about 6 long months to grasp it all. Sounds like he is doing great, have fun at chuck e cheese.