It is my Father's birthday today. I just wanted to let him and everyone else know how much this guy means to me, next to my husband of course. :) But if you have ever met my dad or know him, you will know that there is something about him that just kind of draws you to him and you feel comfortable around him. He is very accepting of everyone, and goes to the ends of the earth to do anything for them. And not just within our family. There have been many times growing up and still today, when I go to visit, that he is gone to someone else's house giving of the abundant fruit and vegetables from his garden, or helping chop wood, or helping with whatever concern or problem they may have.
He is so full of wisdom and knowledge as well. He has taught me many things, and continues to teach me. One particular memory that sticks out is back in Jr. High. He would drop me off at school in the mornings in his little black Nissan truck. When we would get to school, and as I was stepping out of the truck, he would always say, "Remember..., whatever you do, do your best." Of course as a young teenager, I would kind of just be like, "yeah, yeah, yeah." But I really was listening, and have always been listening to what my dad has to say. And there have been times, that I wish I would have listened a little more.
He also has a "special gift", as I call it. He can look at a person in the eyes and see what kind of person they are. I didn't realize this until much later in my life. Again being a young teenager, he would sit down and talk to me, and see how things were going. Of course I thought I was a sly girl and could pull one past him, but he knew better. And I realize now that he knew what exactly was going on. But let me experience things for myself, to help me learn from them.
I love you Dad, and thank you so much for all that you have done for me. You are the best father that anyone could ever ask for. Thank you for being such a great example, and teaching me the greater things of this life.




3 comments:
What a sweet tribute to your Dad! I miss Ryan, he is such an amazing person. You are very lucky to have a Dad like him.
Mel, that was so nice, I agree with all that you have said. I am so glad that you realize as a parent how you love your children and want the best for all of them. Dad has always wanted the best for his children and has done what ever he could to see that they get the best that he has. We love you Ryan!
Mel, thanks for your sweet comment. Yeah, Melissa Payne (Wolthuis) is one of my best friends. I met both of those girls in the Dental Hygiene program at Weber State and we've been so close ever since. You went to Weber High for a little while didn't you? Is that how you know her?
Post a Comment