I have a couple of situations to share with you all. The first was probably a week or two ago. Jaedon had brought out The Night Before Christmas book, and on the cover there are 2 little children peeking at Santa Clause around the corner. So I asked Jaedon if they were trying to see what Santa had brought them, and then asked him what he thought was in the presents for the little kids. He replied, "Toys!" So then I asked him what was in our presents under our tree. His reply then was, "books". I thought for sure he was going to say a camera, because if you ask him what he wants he will tell you a camera.
Well, on our way to church, I was telling Jon about the experience, because he was gone at meetings. So Jon turned around and asked Jaedon if he wanted books for Christmas. Jaedon said, "No, I want a camera!" Well, then the conversation turned somehow that Jon asked Jaedon if Dad wanted books Christmas. Jaedon, without missing a beat, says, "No, Dad wants an iphone."

Jon and I both just started laughing. Jon has been on a huge kick of wanting an iphone lately and would sit there and tell Jaedon that, that is what he wanted for Christmas. But Jon has gotten off the iphone kick, and is now thinking that he will stick with a Windows operating one. But of course still has to be a touch screen. I tell him to just keep dreaming!
My other experience happened today while grocery shopping with my 2 kids, by myself. The grocery store we go to, has the shopping carts that have a car attached to it. So we always have to get that one because it helps to entertain them a little better. Well, Jaedon and Livy were being kind of silly. And they were actually being kind of loud. Most people will just smile and let you go on with your shopping, as they do theirs. But we are over by the meat department and there is this old lady and an older man walking in our opposite direction. Jaedon was being pretty noisy at this time, kind of yelling. But, when we get almost to them and passing them the old lady says smiling, "Is that your horn!?" But the older guy, I think maybe her son, starts saying something, and this is what he said, "You might want to think about toning it done a bit, because those blue eyes will only get you so far." I just smiled and kept on walking. But the whole rest of the time, and I guess even now, I just kept thinking about what he said over and over, and this is what I want to say to him.
"Listen you old grouchy man, you can take that comment and put it right back where you pulled it out of! You probably don't have any kids either! Which explains why you are here with your 100 year old mother! And you probably still live with her!!"
Okay I feel better now...I really wouldn't ever say that to anyone, but I sure do think it sometimes. If you need me, I will be in my room praying for forgiveness, for those bad thoughts.




5 comments:
Funny!! So true some people are sooo grumpy come on lightned up old man!
nice comeback! haha
That is a nice comeback! Nate's been talking about the iphone too and I guess the G 1 too.
You're just like me...I always think of a good comeback after the fact! But even if I have a good comeback I'm too shy to ever say it! :) Tell your dad Happy Birthday! He is a great guy! And I can't believe how cute Livy's hair is! It's getting so long!
Mel, you are sooo funny! I can actually see you saying that to him but it probably was good that you didn't. Sometimes people have such short memories or maybe they just never had any kids.
Post a Comment