Monday, January 5, 2009

a day of firsts...

On Sunday I decided to finally cut Liv's hair. The sides were falling a bit short compared to the back. So I put her in her chair, gave her some chocolaty treats, and went to cuttin'! Here are some before and afters:

The other first, is that Jaedon is now a Sunbeam!! It makes me feel kind of old. I think I may have a hard time when he goes to school. He's not my little dude anymore. Although he kind of had a hard time with it. A member of the bishopric was in primary and brought Jaedon to Jon because he was having such a hard time. So Jon had to sit with him pretty much all of class. In the morning we kept prepping him for going to Sunbeams and not Nursery anymore, but mainly his comments were that he wanted to go to Nursery. By the time we got to church though I think we had him pretty stoked in going to Primary. But when we got there it was crazy and loud, and I think that scared him a little. As I was walking out, I could see him looking around like he was a lost little child in a busy mall or something. Hopefully next week goes a little better.

7 comments:

Donene said...

Her hair is so cute! It was cute before but just the trimming makes her look all grown up. She is growing up way to fast but growing into a beautiful little girl. Jaedon hopefully will get used to Sunbeams and he will love it as much as nursery.

Stephanie said...

I love the new hair cut...however it really does make her look more like a kid rather than a baby/toddler. I understand what you are going through on the whole priamry thing. My youngest..which are twins adventured into the sumbeam world...I think I was more scared than they were.

[AnnieR] said...

She looks great! How bout you take a whack at mine?

Dana D. said...

so cute!

Rachel said...

LOOOOOOVVE IT! SO CUTE, she looks so much older.

Claudia said...

Mel, you did a great job with those sissors!! Livy's do looks absolutely darling!!!! She looks so grown up! Absolutely love the photo in the pink dress! She is so cute! Sure makes me miss you all! Claudia

Josie said...

WOW Mel! I am impressed! Her hair looks darling! You did a great job! I wouldn't dare cut Madi's hair, you just do everything don't you?!