Saturday, January 3, 2009

element of surprise

Santa came and visited us on the 19th. Since we were going out to Utah and Idaho for Christmas. Jon had to go and do a rotation that morning, but Jaedon woke up early enough to let Jon see him open the presents. Livy was still sleeping though, and Jaedon kept wanting to open up Livy's stuff too.Then the next day it was off to Utah.
For our first surprise, and to all of our family was this: (Can you tell what it is!?) :)

The second surprise was to Jon. He had no idea it was coming. From a previous post you may remember me telling you how in love Jon is with smartphones. Well, I surprised him with a Samsung Omnia phone.

We stayed the first week at Jon's parents house and had a wonderful time with everyone. All of Jon's family was there. Santa even made a stop by the house early there too.

Livy was Santa's buddy

Then on Christmas morning we braved the blizzard all the way from Delta to Preston, Idaho. We made it safely, and it turned out to be a great surprise! Thank you to all the family members who helped to make it possible. :)
Jaedon and Livy loved the animals and Jaedon even wanted to bring them home with us.

The Jones family in its entirety...until the end of this month at least. (Isaac and his wife Mary are expecting.)

We had a wonderful time with EVERYONE!! We love you all, and all ready miss you. Thanks for the fun times.

If you couldn't get the surprise to all from the picture with Livy, here is another hint. It will be coming on July 5th..., or somewhere around that date when it decides to come. ;)

10 comments:

jenni said...

CONGRATS!!!

The Hulls said...

Congratulations!!! Oh that is so exciting! I'm glad you guys had a fun trip too!

Stac said...

oh my goodness! you are pregnant!! Congrats!

kate said...

looks like a wonderful christmas! congrats on your little surprise! that is so great!!

Josie said...

Ok, so I thought, what, is Livy laying on the floor throwing a fit? I don't get it? It is a little hard to notice the writing on her shirt, but I finally got it! Congrats Mel!

Donene said...

Thanks sooo much for the 2 surprises, it was so great to have everyone in the some place! I still can't believe that you and Jon came walking up the stairs on Christmas, it was the best surprise ever!!! I started missing everyone as soon as they left.

Katie May said...

Yay! Congrats! That's so exciting!

Merced said...

congratulations, what a fun Christmas and a fun suprise! You do have a wonderful family ;)

Rachel said...

YEA!! I was hoping you would explain the surprise further because it was hard to see what was on livy's shirt.
Glad you made it back alright!

clark said...

Congrats!! That's so exciting. Glad you had a great Christmas