Thursday, January 8, 2009

Kung Fu Panda

The other day Jaedon happened to fall asleep during the day, which equals-doesn't go to bed until 9 or 10, (9 if we're lucky). So when he came out of his room I asked him if he wanted to come with me and lay in bed with me and watch TV. He agreed, and off we went. I was hoping for something miraculous to happen, like him falling asleep from boredom laying there with me. But of course that didn't happen and he was playing around with whatever he could find...Jon's old watch. After about an hour he started to wander in and out of the room, and for some reason closing the door to just a crack behind him. Well, I had gone out earlier and gotten me some Runts from the never-ending Christmas candy supply. I am kind of particular how I eat things sometimes, and so I laid them out on my belly so that I could eat my least favorite ones first. I can't remember now what it was I was watching...oh wait, yes I do. I was going back and forth between the Bachelor and the Superstar Dance thingy. Jaedon was out of the room at this time, and of course had left the door just barely cracked. Then all of a sudden I hear this little, "hiii-yahh!" Which is quickly followed by a loud bang on the door, and seeing Jaedon kicking his little leg up and karate chopping the door open. All the while, the noise scared me to death and I am sure I jumped at least 5 feet off the bed. But I caught my candy before it fell to the floor. I just started to laugh and proclaimed to Jaedon that "he scared the crap out of me." He just kind of giggled, like nothing really just happened and said,"Yeah. That was like Kung Fu Panda!" What a kid! What a kid.

11 comments:

The Hulls said...

Too funny! Jaedon is so cute! When eat candy I eat my least favorites first too that way you have the best for last!

Donene said...

Oh, Jaedon you are funny and cute, I wish I cold have been there to see it. How impressionable young minds are.

Stephanie said...

lol...I just love kids imaginations...they do the funniest things when you least expect it.

Josie said...

That is great!

Claudia said...

Cute story. We're sure missing those grandbabies! Love you lots, Granny and Gramps

clintandleximorgan said...

Cute story Mel! Love little boys!

clintandleximorgan said...

oh what is your etsy site?

Rachel said...

That sounds familiar!

Tia said...

You are the best "commenter" ever!!! (I don't even think that's a word!) I love all the comments you leave for me! I need to be a better commenter! But I love hearing all of the stories about your kids. They are so funny! I love it! And you did an amazing job on Livy's hair! You should go into the business!

Claudia said...

What a kid, what a kid, what a totally delightful little kid!!!! And, we are missing you all sooooo much!!! I sure bet that it woke you up and gave the baby a jump start! Claudia

Merced said...

we love that movie!