Today Jaedon and I had a dentist appointment. It was Jaedon's first time going, and so there was a lot of gearing him up to go. Every time we would talk about the dentist he seemed really excited though.
So we walk in and get all the paper work stuff done, and then they come and call Jaedon back, I asked her if I could go back, and she said, "No, we only allow the patients back there." OH BOY! This could turn into a disaster. Jaedon was over playing with toys at the time, so I called him over and told him it was time to go back. Of course he grabbed my hand for me to go back with him, and I had to tell him no, but he was still tugging on my hand, and then I told him I would be back in a minute. With that said, he walked back with the girl. A few minutes later it was my turn. How the office was set up, there weren't rooms, they were more like cubicles. So, I saw Jaedon sitting there being perfectly good while the girl was looking at his teeth. I was in the "stall" next to him so I was listening carefully to see if he would make any whimpers of any sort, but I never heard anything. Then they got up and they took him BACK to the waiting room all by him self! I was probably another 10 mins. Worrying the whole time what he was doing and if he was okay. When I got out there, he had the saddest look on his face, and was almost into tears and then he said, "Mom, I'm sad..., you weren't here." I think they need to change how they do some things there at the office! But Jaedon did awesome and had no cavities and was excited about his toothbrush and toy.
14 years ago




13 comments:
I have to agree with you Mel, I think leaving a 3 year old out in the office all by himself for the very first time is quite frightening! And, 10 minutes is a long time for a little one. Tell Jaedon we are proud of him for being so brave!! Maybe they have discovered they tend to cry less if mom is not close by for the exam. Great to know he did not have any cavities and yes they always love the toothbrush and toy. So how was Mels exam? Hope you had zero cavities and got an awesome toy also!!! Claudia
That's just wrong to not let a 3 yr old's mother go back with him. Totally. Wrong.
ooh, yeah. it may be time to shop around for a dentist who specializes in peds. i've always been able to go back with my kids. that said, it sounds like your little guy did awesome!
I don't have a problem with Mom not being allowed in the room with the child. What I have a problem with is not having the mom there for the child when he gets finished. I do find that a bit odd! Maybe you'll have to schedule your appointments on different days in the future!
Way to go Jaedon! I sure am proud of you for being such a grown up young man! Proud of you too, Mel!
Love, Grandpa
Sounds like Jaedon's real brave. I still squirm when I go to the Dentist at 26 (though I haven't been since 23, bet I have a bunch of cavities).
Love the pictures of Livy in the spiderman suit. Too cute. Can't wait to see how those two little buddies handle having a third one around.
That seems a little weird to send him back to the waiting room alone. I am glad that he did well and has good teeth.
That is really weird that they sent him back to the waiting room by himself. Poor little guy, but he still did well. Good job guys!
Good Job Jaedon! Maybe he'll be more comfortable with the Dentist in the future.
That's so silly! I can't believe they would rather have him in the waiting room by himself!
Wow, he's such a big boy being able to handle all that on his own. Good job.
I so agree with you!! You never know what might go wrong!! Next time tell them he will be with you:)
That's horrible! Poor little Jaedon! It almost made me cry thinking about him being in the waiting room all by himself! I'll call them for you and tell them that their policy stinks!
poor jaedon! We do this drill next month, YUCK!
Post a Comment