Wednesday, February 10, 2010

snowed in

If you have been watching the news you will know that we are getting hit with some pretty big snow storms this last week. We had the first big snow storm come on Friday night and it had snowed around 18 inches. Last night and today it has been snowing and they are expecting AT LEAST another foot. This is kind of sad to say, but our kids have no snow clothes! So last night before the storm hit, we searched hi and low for snow clothes, and found some things that would work so they can go out and play in all the white fluffy stuff.

This is probably, well it IS the most snow we have ever seen out here in the East, and so of course EVERYTHING is shut down and closed. This is a lot of snow for the East Coaster's.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

WOW! That is a lot of snow. I heard that you guys were getting dumped on, and wondered how it was affecting you.
COME ON MEL YOU NEED TO GET YOUR KIDS SOME SNOW CLOTHES :) Don't worry I hit up Kohls today for some for next year. Does Nebraska get a lot of snow?

Unknown said...

They have this year!

Unknown said...

Shoot, I think this may be the most snow I've seen in my life period, regardless of East v West. It has been intense. Neither Ben nor I have had to go to school all week. Ha ha!

Claudia said...

I must say the photos of your storm are beautiful! What a lovely winter wonder land! Bet the little ones enjoyed playing in it! I think I would have enjoyed that in December! Right now we have been experiencing spring like weather and we are getting ready for the snow geese! So I will just enjoy the snow via you and Lizzy's photos! Claudia

Donene said...

That is a lot of snow!! I heard that things have closed down and the grocery stores are running low. Is that true where you are? I loved that Jon is out there playing in the playground like it is a sunny summer day.