As I was making the header for our blog, and putting the words 'do you feel lucky' on there, I kind of just kept reading it over and over. At first wondering if people would realize what it said. But then after awhile it was like I was asking myself the question. And of course I answered myself. :) As I looked at the family picture next to the words, I thought to myself, "I am lucky." Or a better way to put it is, I am blessed!
I have an amazing husband that works hard not for personal gain, but to better the lives of me and our children. He is such a strength and example for me and our children to follow. He is so patient with me and our children. He is unselfish, and always so willing to give a hand when needed, (and even at times I don't even need to ask) :)
I have been blessed with 3 cute little munchkins!! I may not have the patience needed at times to deal with the craziness that unfolds, but I love them more than can be imagined. I love each little personality each one has, and the joy and happiness that it brings into my life. I don't know quite exactly how life would be without any one of them a part of it. My biggest fear, and sadness would be to lose one of them at a young age. I don't know how mothers cope after losing a child. And my heart goes out to those that have. This leads to a story that just happened recently, and confirmed my question of 'do I feel lucky?" (or blessed).
On Thursday Jon was getting ready to go and get the mail, and so I suggested that why not take the kids along.
Jaedon and Liv both wanted to go and wanted to ride their bikes. So off they went and I had a moment of quiet to myself, and then they were back in no time with
Jaedon running through the door exclaiming that he had won! Which Jon and Livy came walking through shortly after. Then on Friday Jon was getting ready to go and pay our rent. He comes out and says, "I forgot to tell you what happened yesterday when we went to go get the mail." He then went on to tell me that while going to get the mail they were having a race to see who got there first. Then he said when they were leaving the mailbox
Jaedon took off on his bike and was ready to race back home.

Jon then said that he heard something that wasn't very familiar and something that he wasn't really sure what it was. But then he calmly hollered up at
Jaedon to stop and wait for him and Livy to catch up some. So as Jon was hollering at
Jaedon,
Jaedon turned his head and was looking back at Jon which made him slow down some. Then all of a sudden a maintenance worker came speeding by on their orange mule and crossing right in front of
Jaedon. Jon said that if he hadn't of hollered to
Jaedon to stop, he is sure that they would have hit
Jaedon! Lucky..., or blessed?
Definitely blessed! I am so thankful that Jon listened to the prompting to have
Jaedon stop. And then of course if something had happened, I probably would have blamed myself for throwing the idea out there that the kids go with Jon to the mailbox. :( So grateful to my Heavenly Father for looking out for us!
9 comments:
You make your own headers? You have some mad skills Mel!
Ok you need to call the office and tell them there people need to slow down!!! I am so glad Jaedon is was fine!! We have had events like those that we were very blessed that we listened.
so neat to recognize those "coincidences" as the blessings they are. makes me feel watched over. and your headers are always lovely mel!
Jon thought about not saying anything, but I made him and put him on a guilt trip, telling him if it isn't our kid then it could be someone elses, and how would you feel thinking that maybe if you would have said something that maybe it would have changed things. So he let the ladies know in the office, and they were pretty upset about it.
Thanks Kate and Em!
Yes, I agree you are so blessed and so am I. When I think of how blessed I am it makes me cry. Glad that Jon is listening to those promptings because sometimes we get so bust with life that we tune them out. And yes Mel, you are very creative and I love your blog header. Maybe you should change it to blessed!
The "tender mercies" of the Lord are real and happen so much more often than we recognize. I am grateful for them.
Love the headers! You'll have to tell me how you do them :)
Very sweet post Mel! And you do have 3 CUTE kids!
Yes, Mel you are blessed with a great husband (love his photo!)and 3 adorable children(love their photo also!) And, they are all blessed with a great wife and mom! It is a wonderful life , is it not? Certainly happy everyone is safe and sound! Can't wait to see you all at the end of the month. Claudia
We are all blessed. Sometimes it takes things like this to realize how quickly things could change.
I love the pic with Jaedon and his bike and Pj's, it's the best!
Post a Comment