Wednesday, November 24, 2010

happy thanksgiving

I love this time of year! There is such excitement in the air. Most of all though, I like the time that we have to reflect and realize, and think about those things in our lives that are special, and that we are grateful for.
I am grateful for my family, immediate and extended. I am grateful for friends and people that I come in contact with. There is something to be learned from each and every individual. I am grateful for my health, my home, my knowledge of things (all though it may not be much), for my talents, and my trials. I am grateful for a wonderful husband that is there for me and my children, and makes time for us with the little amount of time that he does have. I am grateful for my beautiful children, and what joy and happiness they bring into my life. Most of all I am grateful for my Savior. For all these things would not be possible if not for him. I am grateful for his love that he has for me, that he would give even his life. I am grateful for the way and example that he has laid out for me to follow. I love him, I love my family, and I love all of you. Have a great Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful words Mel! I am truly blessed to know such a special lady! Thanks for your words on this post. I needed to hear those so bad. We truly all need to take more time to appreciate all the many wonderful things we do have in our lives and the things that surround us on a daily basis. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your cute family! Love you!

Donene said...

Thanks for all of your inspiring words! I hope you had a great feast and day of Thanksgiving. I am impressed that you already have your blog decorated for Christmas!