Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I need a vacation!

Yes, we just got back yesterday, but going on a vacation is not a vacation, especially when you have 2 sick kids, and you are sick and sleep deprived yourself. I thought that we would be able to avoid getting the colds, that we seem to ALWAYS get when we go out to Utah. And I left the warm weather of the East to go to the cold of the West, and then I left the warm weather of the West to come to the cold of the East. Just can't win! I do have more pictures, but I forgot my external hard drive, or Firelite, at my parents. And I feel so lost without it. So I will post more pictures with fun times in Utah. We had a really good time, and hated to leave our families, but it was good to come home and see Jon again. We were really starting to miss him. Jaedon again loved riding on the plane and did really well. I was afraid how things would go with just me and 2 kids. But it went really well other than the major turbulence we encountered at the end of our flight. I was about ready to see how clever I could be of where I could regurgitate everything I just ate, with out making a mess everywhere, but Jaedon was loving it, and when the first wave of turbulence hit he let out a big, "WHOOAaaaa!" Then about by the third jolt I looked over at him to see how he was handling it, and he was over there with both hands high up in the air, with a big grin on his face, as if he was on a roller coaster ride at Hershey Park! It was quite comical and helped me take my mind off of how awful I was feeling. When we got off the plane I asked Jaedon if he was going to give Dad a BIG hug and kiss, and he said yeah. But at first when he saw Jon he was a little shy, so it took just a little encouraging, but he ran right over to Jon and gave him a HUGE hug and kiss. Livy on the other hand when Jon squatted down to see her, looked around to see where I was, wondering who this guy was, but Jon took her out of the stroller and she just started kicking her legs in excitement, and then wrapped her little arms around him, as much as she could, and laid her sweet little head on his shoulder. It was pretty dang cute! Jaedon is going through withdrawals now though. He keeps asking where all his friends are, and if we are going to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

We miss you already! I asked Nate today about what I should do (before American IDOL tonight! :) ) When you were here we seemed to have a busy week.
But we will see you in 4 weeks!
ps glad everything went well on the plane, I was worried about that....for you of course!

Merced said...

Good job on flying alone with the kids. Everytime I fly alone with my kids, I tell myself I'm never doing that again ... but I'm doing it in a couple of weeks. Life is too short to miss out on somethings. I'm glad you got to see the family, what a fun fish pond with some big fish. I can't believe there was still snow on the mountains there.

Claudia said...

Glad you got home safely. The turbulence sounded frightful! Too funny that Jaedon enjoyed it so!
I miss you guys terribly. It was so fun having you home for a few days. Can't wait til next time.
Love, Grandpa

The Thompsons said...

WE are glad you are back!

Donene said...

I am glad that you arrived home safe as well. It is good that Jaedon is older and had a better trip this time. We had so much fun with all of you and I am so sorry that you got sick, please don't stay away beacuse you always get sick when you come. It was a busy time here and we had alot packed into the week but it was still very fun. We love you !!