This weekend we spent Saturday playing at the playground, and then I wanted to go and check out this furniture store that was closing and see if they had any good deals. Well, this is what we came home with. Jaedon and Livy have been LOVING it!! We were surprised that Jaedon said he wanted to sleep on the top, he is kind of scared of heights. But he has loved going up and down the ladder and sleeping in his new bed. And he mentions it everytime in his prayers. It takes up pretty much their whole room, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. You can't really see from the pictures, but on the sides there is a desk with drawers, and then shelves on the other side.
I had to throw this picture in too. Livy laying there, all sprawled out, made me chuckle.
Then, I have been having a craving for donuts lately. The closest Krispy Kreme store around here is in Scranton, PA. But maybe I could visit Dunder Mifflin while there. ;) Well, on Sunday we made some donuts. We used a recipe that claimed to be Krispy Kreme Copycats, but of course wasn't as good as the original, but a very close second. VERY yummy, and definitely hit the spot for the craving.
When we were looking for what size cup to use to make the donuts, Jon grabbed this HUGE cup we had, and I of course told him that it was way too big, but that we could do just a couple that big. So with the last of the dough, we made him his MONSTER donut.
One last story, while I am thinking about it. Jaedon can sometimes be afraid of the dark, and even if we tell him to just turn the lights on he still is really scared. He also sometimes, can be afraid of flushing toilets because of the loud noise they make while flushing. Well, while we were eating dinner last night, about half way through, Jaedon informs us he needs to go to the bathroom. While getting down from his chair he tells us, "I just turn on the lights, and then I won't be scared. It's not scary." And off he runs down the hall. A couple of minutes later he comes walking back to the table and while getting back onto his chair he says, "I didn't flush the toilet." So Jon and I both ask him why not? And he replies very seriously, "I don't want to flush it because then it will wake up the monsters in the shower." Jon and I just both started laughing. What an imagination that kid has!




13 comments:
I have been craving Maple bars like crazy lately. Those donuts look delicious. :)
those donuts look so yummy! I've been really missing all the donut stores in CA so I'd LOVE to get your recipe!!
That bed is cool and the donuts look so yummy! Congrats on the little girl.
cute. the donuts look yummy!
love Livy on the bed.
SERIOUSLY SO YUMMY looking, my mouth is salivating!
So you have to say how much the bed was, that way you can be excited about the deal!
The price they had on the bed was originally around 1499... I think. And they came down to 659!
I loved the pictures of Jaedon and especcially the one of Livy all sprawled out, it made me laugh. I really liked the story of Jaedon, he makes me laugh too. The donuts look delicious.
I think I need the recipe!! Congrats on the baby girl. You look GREAT!!
wow 'mail'... now you feel free to pass the recipe on over... i'm not even prego and i can't hardly handle myself looking at those. i like the bed- reminds me of something off the robinson's :) LOVE IT.
Those donuts look delicious. I think we all need the recipe. or you could just make a batch and express mail it to me in Utah. The bed is awesome. Your kids are getting so big. Congrats on the girl!!
Carla
The donuts look amazing and now I am craving them! THe bed is adorable too! Wonder if Luke would go for that:) I am so excited you are having a girl! I will be thinking about her name...Avonlee? Avery? Lisa? Lily? Jaevia? Olidon? Lisa? Any of these hitting the spot?
Just enjoying your blogs. We haven't had access for the past two weeks. Much has happened with the Bassett family of Hershey! Congrats on the new van. I loved Livy's relaxing pose and Jaedon's monster story was the best!
Love, Grandpa B
Post a Comment