Thursday, April 15, 2010

buzz

Jon and Jaedon got haircuts the other day, and I get frustrated when I cut their hair. I think it is because I envision what it should look like, but then it seems to never turn out that way. So I always cuss Jon's hair. Jaedon on the other hand, isn't too bad to cut his hair other than he always whines about getting it done. But when I was blending it, I got it a little too short, and the sides looked kind of funny to me compared to the top. So I asked Jaedon if he wanted a buzz. He said ya! Then I kept telling him how it would look, and he kept telling me "ya, okay". So I took a pass down the middle, and then another. Then Jaedon said, "I don't want all my hair gone!" Which then I said, "Too late." Then tears began to flow as I finished it off.
He continued to cry for quite some time. This then brought me back to when I was a little girl and I think I was about Kindergarten age, so about Jaedon's age. My mom had put my hair in pigtails, and I remember absolutely hating it. I love you mom! :) I remember tears were shed, and how self-conscious I felt as we went to the school for a back to school night or something. I don't think I ever had pigtails again. Which will be the case for my little buddy. No more buzz cuts for this kid.
Livy wanted in on the picture action, and wanted a picture of her band-aid.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I can see that livy wanted a picture of her band-aid. :)
I think jaedon looks cute with his shaved head. Don't you just love to run your hand over his head and feel the prickles. I love that, so do it for me! Good thing that hair grows fast.
PS I think mine and my mom's worst fights were over my hair (but looking back now, I realize that she was right!)

Liz Szilagyi said...

I remember being told in preschool that my piggy-tails were so out of style . . . oh the beginning of girlhood.

Jon had me cut his hair once (I think it was shortly after he came home from Italy), I was so nervous . . . and it was awful. But he's so nice he didn't even seem to care (or notice).

jenni said...

I know I told you this earlier but as Lilly said "Hey Jaedon I like your new hair!"

Donene said...

Jaedon your hair looks so cool!! YOu are ready for summer. Sorry about your "ouchy" Livy!

Josie said...

Sad. I could never do it! How cute of Livy with her band aid!

Claudia said...

Gotta love those buzzes! So did Jon get a buzz too? I remember every summer Howard and I would get buzzes from my dad with the horse shears. One year he gave us both mohawks. Howard loved his but after being the brunt of everyone's jokes at Primary one Wednesday I hated my new "do." I could solve it by (1) having my dad crop off the rest or (2) not going to Primary anymore. I'll let you decide how I solved the problem.