So I haven't been as good at bloggin' what we have been doing, because I haven't been very good at taking pictures. But Sunday night we had Pie Night at our humble abode. For all of you wondering what this is..., it is a very long running tradition on my mother's side. What it is exactly, is the Sunday before Thanksgiving all the family gets together and everyone just brings PIES!! Because usually after Thanksgiving dinner you are too stuffed to have pie and really enjoy the pies for what they are worth. Of course I have always had a veggie tray available to counter act all the sweetness!
Thanksgiving we went to our friends and had it with them and five other couples and their kids. Again, I didn't get any pictures of the actually feast, but I did get some pictures and video of everyone playing Guitar Hero. We had a very enjoyable time and all the food was very good!

And now that Thanksgiving is over...., BRING ON CHRISTMAS!! To start the season off right, of course I have to hit up the Black Friday deals. This year though, I and some other of our friends decided to hit up the Outlets, and the Midnight Madness sales that they have. I have to say, it was a little disappointing, and not that great of deals. But with that said I did buy some things, (of course before the lines got too out of control). After getting home, and getting to bed at 1:30, I decided that I was going to still get up and hit the early morning sales as well. So come 3:45 I was dragging myself out of bed and wondering what in the world was I doing. I didn't have anything I really needed or wanted, but I just can't miss a good deal! And again, of course I came home with things in my hands!
Then later this evening we put all of our Christmas decorations up, so that Santa Clause could come. Time is a hard thing for a 3 year old to really understand right now though. But it is SO fun as my kids get older and too see the excitement they get over the holidays. Jaedon is really his father's son. Jaedon could listen to Christmas music year round, which we often do in the car. And of course he watches his Christmas movies year round as well. The holidays are so fun with little kids!








7 comments:
I loved Jaedon's dancing, he really had the swinging arms going. Livy wasn't quite sure but liked the action. I like your Christmas tree and the lights and the music. That is a cute advent calendar, wish I could be there to see their excitement.
How fun! I'm glad Jaedon is as excited about the holidays as his father always was. Jon was so much fun to have in the home at Christmas time! He made every minute worthwhile! His curiosity and anticipation kept the magic alive and this Grinch somewhat at bay!
The video was great. Thanks for sharing. Glad to see the advent calendar up and ready for use! Wish we were there...
Grandpa B
Looks like fun! Where did you get your advent Calendar?
My mother-in-law made it. Jon had this one all growing up!
Hey Jaedon you are just quite the little mover and shaker , you and your buddy in the background! That was pretty cute! Mel, I can not believe you got up 2 hours later and did the black friday shopping. What a 'marathon' woman! Your trees look great. I must take a photo of my little anorexic, curvature of the spine tree! It did not look that way in the parking lot, but it does have character. It is a "Charlie Brown" tree! So happy to see another Bassett family enjoying the advent calender! Love the magic of Christmas and little ones!
Livy looks so big! I didn't think there were that great of sales either and just stayed home :)
ok. I was just wondering because I had the exact same calendar all growing up. I finally convinced my mom to give it to me because I loved it and wanted it for my kids. My mom wanted to make one for my brothers and sister so we were just wondering if it was old like ours or if you had made it recently and had the pattern. I guess my siblings won't get one. I guess that's what I get for being the favorite!!
Post a Comment