Saturday, July 11, 2009

finally...

Well, the morning started out good. We were able to go into the hospital at 6AM. BUT..., I am GBS+ so they had to get in 2 doses of antibiotics before they started anything, because they were too afraid that I would go too fast. I was all ready dilated to a 4 when we arrived and being my 3rd, and considering my other 2 weren't that long either, I don't blame them. But if we wouldn't have had to wait for the antibiotics, we could have had her in no time. So finally at 1130 they came and broke my water. And OH MOTHER was there A LOT in there. It was pretty comical actually. It went clear up my back, off both sides of the bed and there was a waterfall that occurred making a HUGE lake on the floor. The responses of the residents I think is what made it so comical mainly. I did warn them though! :) I then got my epidural and again, like with when I had Livy, it wasn't working. I was still feeling the contractions and they were getting harder and harder, and I was starting to feel pressure down there. I asked Jon many times to make sure there wasn't a head hanging out down there. They finally gave me a bolus and I became numb. We could have had the baby probably around 2pm, but they were starting to deliver, well actually just push with the lady next door. And it t-o-o-k f-o-r-e-v-e-r! Finally it was our turn and I pushed four times and the baby was out! We had her at 3:06PM, she weighed 9 pounds 7 ounces, and was 20 and 3/4 inches long! We stuck with Sofia Lorraine, and she is the cutest thing!

Sofia Lorraine Bassett
Jaedon and Livy were SO excited to come and see their baby sister!We are now a family of 5! Kind of weird to think of.Jaedon is such a good big brother. He always wanted to hold her, and he actually did really well with her.And of course Livy had to hold her if Jaedon held her!Arriving home...

15 comments:

Donene said...

OK Mel even though I am sitting just 5 feet from you I am going to make a comment. You didn't tell them that you are the pioneer woman and walked home today while Jon carried Sofia in her car seat. I will have to post the pictures on my blog because how many women can say that they walked to the hospital to deliver and then walked back home when they were finished. She is beautiful, and we are glad that every thing went so well.

Jamie said...

Mel and Jon,
Congratulation!!!! We are so excited for all of you. Seeing the pictures makes me baby hungry again, even though I have a cute little 10 month old. How exciting. The pictures are so cute, and Mel, I agree with your mom. You go girl!!!
Jamie Calvin

jenni said...

Yes, I heard you were WALKING and that Sophia is gorgeous! congrats! (I hope I can be like you!)

The Hulls said...

She is just adorable!! I love the pictures of Jaedon and Livy with with her! Man, you guys have such a cute family!

Josie said...

Congratulations Mel! Glad all went well for you. You walked home?! How far away is the hospital?! I hope it's across the street! Crazy that you have 3 kids, good luck with everything.

Chris and Suzette said...

Congratulations! She is darling cute and I LOVE the huge smiles on your face! You have to be feeling so great now! You look fabulous! Glad to hear all is well at the Bassett. Jaedon and Livy as darling with their sweet little sister. Makes me want one :)

kate said...

what a little beauty! such a sweet name. so glad you're done and on to recovery!

Hansen Family said...

She is a cutie!! Congrats!

Claudia said...

The pictures are the cutest. Can't wait to meet the little one in person. Glad your mom and sis are there to take such good care of everyone.

Tiffany said...

9 pounds, WOW, congrats Mel she's a doll!

Meagan said...

so so cute! congrats guys!

Joel said...

That is great You guys! Congrats!

Laura said...

Oh my! Could she be any cuter? I am SO happy for you guys. She has such a sweet little face and I love those lips. SO adorable. I am excited to hold her in a couple weeks. Congrats!

clintandleximorgan said...

Conrats to the Bassett family. The kids look so cute holding their new baby sister. And yes, she is a darling little baby!

Susan said...

YAY!! She is adorable! Livy and Jaedon look are so cute with her and I love how excited they look...how fun! Congratulations, you guys!