I had my last doctor's appointment today! I went in for the Non-Stress Test (NST), and when I gave them my wonderful sample, :) it turned out that I had +1 protein in my urine and my blood pressure was high. (But I think it was just the nurse that was taking the blood pressure that was struggling with getting the numbers) Which are some signs for pre-eclampsia. Of course the baby was in sleep mode like always for the NST, so at first she wasn't responding and failing the test, but after some ice water she woke up and was fine. The doctor came in and checked me and everything looked good and I had progressed. So I at least qualified for induction now. She was concerned about the BP and said that the only way to solve it or correct it, is to get the baby out. She was going to send me over to the hospital right then, but then looked at the floor status, and there were no rooms available. So, I got some lab work done, and we will be going in tomorrow for induction at 6AM!! I really thought that maybe she was going to come today, because last night I was having some MAJOR contractions. I just kept saying to myself that this better be the real deal or I am going to cry. Sure enough, 5AM rolled around and they stopped. I was pretty frustrated! She is just too comfy in there I guess. So when I got the news of induction I was quite thrilled. But I think it works out better this way, because my mom and sister are coming into town tonight. So now we won't have to worry about finding someone to babysit. So stay tuned! :)
14 years ago




8 comments:
Congrats Mel,
I'm so excited for you. Hope that everything goes well and the little one decides that it might be fun outside as well as inside.
Jamie
P.S. Can't wait to see the pictures
Jamie Calvin (cousin)
Can't wait! We're impatient in Utah as well! Hang in there...
Yeah!! I'm so excited for you (and a little jealous! I wish I was having my baby tomorrow!) Good Luck and I can't wait to hear all about it!
HOORAY! Good news Melanie. I can't bear to see you one more time getting bigger and bigger. I just feel so sorry for you. I can't imagine that you are very comfortable. Can't wait to see the pictures :)
EEEEEKKKKK!!! Keep us updated!
Good Luck Mel!!! I hope all goes well.
yay! can't wait to see pictures! congrats in advance and good luck!
Post a Comment