We took a little trip to Assateague Island for this first part of the week. We left on Monday and came back Wednesday. It was really fun, and quite the adventure. When first arriving we were told over and over, to not leave any food out, or else the wild horses (more like ponies) would eat it, and also not to leave it in your tent even, or else they will try busting through your tent to get the food. Jaedon loved going to the beach, and running from the waves. We flew kites, looked for sea shells, played in the sand, played in the ocean, saw some weird looking jelly fish, saw some ghost crabs, and some kind of weird crab kind of thing that dug into the sand, some little bitty clams that would come to the top with each wave and then dig back down when the wave was gone. It was so fun that Jaedon didn't want to leave!
14 years ago




4 comments:
wow, that place looks amazing!
Great pictures! It looks like you guys had a great trip to Assateague. I had read in a children's literature book once about the wild horses on the island. Wild horse?!?!?! I was surprised to see them. I was thinking more like the wild horses we see on our west desert, not domesticated ponies! I'll bet the kids had a ball -- except for Livy eating sand! We love you guys.
Grandpa B
What a fun place! Jaedon and Jon always love a good run in the water!
That looks like a very fun trip, I was telling Dr. Bennion that you went camping on the beach and he knew right where you were. He had been there as well. He wants to know if you were able to get the sand out of your tent. It looks like it was quite the adventure and I am sure Jaedon thought it was great. I am glad you were able to go!!
Post a Comment