Jon's sister, Liz, called a couple of weeks ago and wanted us to do a triathlon with her in October in Virginia. My first thoughts were, "Are you kidding me!? Yeah, right!"
But now it has consumed my thoughts, and of course I have agreed to do it. I have been pretty athletic all my life, but I have never done anything like this in my life! And of course haven't been as active. So if anyone has any suggestions, pointers, help, they are all more than welcome. Oh, and by the way, it is just a sprint triathlon, so not quite as bad, but still going to be grueling.
14 years ago




10 comments:
Ooo...I really want to do one of these. Keep us posted on how the training goes.
awesome! you can totally do it! the swim is what would scare me the most. good luck training!
Good luck:) I agree with the training:)
sweet! that will be so much fun! Get padded bike shorts for your bum! keep us updated
Why are my comments not being published? I wrote something last night and it still has not come up?
Mel,
Thanks for taking up Liz's invite! She is so psyched to do this. I am excited and already tired for both of you! You're a good sport.
Scott
I always wanted to do one of these, but the swimming part FREAKS ME OUT! GO MEL!
Sounds like fun, you go girl! I don't have any real advice, only know how to play soccer. The island with the wild ponies looked like fun!
I did one in May and it isn't bad at all. I found an 8 week training schedule online that really helped me stick to a schedule. good luck.
Wow that is awesome! I loved the sprint tri-athlon I did there at Mt Gretna. Honestly it is so fun and exciting. I use to pull laura and Steven all over hershey training for it. It was of course before I got pregnant with Aaron. Anyway the actual race is so fun with people cheering you on at all the transistions. typing about it now is getting me all charged and pumped. Maybe I'll have to come do it with you. :)
Post a Comment