Sunday, July 27, 2008

a trip worth taking

We made it back from our Utah/Idaho trip. It was quite the packed week for us. Jon was unable to make it, due to doing his rotations for his 3rd year. To start the trip off our flight was delayed an hour. So we didn't get in until really late. Which when we got to my Grandma Shaw's house, I locked the keys in my mom's car, which she does not have a spare for. Sunday, my Uncle Kevin bailed me out and was able to work some magic and unlock the car. Then off to my cousin Marc's homecoming. I got to see alot of my extended family that I haven't seen for quite some time and really enjoyed catching up on things. Jaedon decided though that he would get sick and spike a fever during sacrament time though. Then we went to Nate and Rachel's where we had a little cupcake birthday party for all the "July" birthday boys. Monday we went to the wedding social at Jessica's parents house. It turned out beautifully. And I was able to see and talk with my cousin Boone and his wife Lori. Which was a TOTAL surprise! Tuesday was the wedding. On the way down to Salt Lake Jaedon fell asleep in the car and I forgot to make him go to the bathroom before we left, and so yes, he went everywhere and was majorly soaked! Then when we got to the temple, Jon's parents were there to watch Jaedon and Livy, but neither one wanted me to leave. So there was some crying and screaming that occured there. When we came out of the temple the sun was shining, but then it decided to down pour. But by the time Mac and Jess came out it had cleared and was beautiful. Jaedon was being quite the 3 year old and did not want to come and get pictures taken. He doesn't like big crowds and being put on the spot. Remind you of anyone! ;) After the wedding we stayed in Salt Lake and then went to Park City the next morning, and then stayed there in Park City for a night. That night though Livy didn't want to let Jaedon show her up so she decided to spike a fever and get an ear infection. So come Friday, I had intentions on going to see some friends in Logan, but I was so tired from everything, that I just vegged. Thank you Mom and Dad for all you did while we were there, for housing us and feeding us. We enjoyed seeing everyone and getting caught up on what has been happening in everyone else's lives outside of Hershey. :)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

We were glad to see you too, even though after the wedding I didn't get to see you....bummer! I am still waiting for the pics to pop up so I can see them.....come on computer

I didn't know all those mishaps happened......that STINKS!

Claudia said...

I love Jessicas wedding dress! And, I love the photos of Jaedon at the wedding! What a kid! Glad you got home safe and sound. Thanks for letting us have Jaedon and Livvy for a while. How fun was that!!! Love ya, Claudia

Donene said...

Mel it was great and you are a great mom to trip clear across the country with 2 little ones to be with us. We love you and were so glad you were able to come. We did miss Jon though.