Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hersheypark in the Dark!

This morning I have the privilege of being Mr. Mom. Mel's out trying to sell away at a garage sale, so I get to hold down the fort while she's gone. I was just sitting here thinking about what Mel would do if she were here and I was overcome with inspiration. BLOG!!! So I thought I would give it a shot. We did have a grand time at Hersheypark last night. With Halloween just around the corner, Hersheypark converted from its regular family friendly atmosphere to a ghoulishly frightening theme park. Well, that may be an exaggeration, but the kids did get to dress up, do some trick or treating, and go on some fun rides.

Our cool pirate and pretty ladybug all ready to go to Hersheypark. Of course everyone loved Livy's cute costume. Mel did a super job! A fierce pirate and his booty. Arrgh! Livy's on the lookout for more candy! Having some fun on the mini scrambler. Of course a pirate needs to ride his rocking pirate ship. Our trip wouldn't have been complete without a picture next to the giant pumpkin!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a man!! And yes I probably would have been blogging. :) Gotta love Hershey Park!!

Unknown said...

Oh, and we hid the butterfly straps under the shirt when we got to Hershey Park, so it looked ALOT cuter!

Claudia said...

I'm so jealous! How I would have loved to have been at Hershey Park with you. That is such a family friendly place - I love it. The pirate and ladybug were way way way too cute! Happy Halloween one and all.
Love, Pa

Claudia said...

Livy does look darling in her lady bug outfit!!! You did a great job with it Mel. I just can not believe how grown up she looks!!!!! They just grow up to fast. Jaedon does make one fierce looking pirate! Looks like all enjoyed the night and I hope they shared their booty with mom and dad. Now we know you can blog Jon, we will expect to hear from you once in a while. By the way...how did the garage sell go Mel? Have a wonderful sabbath you four! We miss you and wish we could come trick or treating with you! Love to all!

Donene said...

Jon, way to go it was good to hear from you! Livy and Jaedon look so cute and their costumes are the "BEST". I wish I could have been their too watching them walk around and having fun at Hershey Park. Livy does look like she is growing way too fast!! Jaedon you make a great pirate. Ahoy Mateys!

Rachel said...

Of course she would have been blogging, duh! :)
Now Kace wants to go back to Hershey park!

jenni said...

They look amazing! I was telling Gregg how awesome they looked and he was like duh, with Mel and Jon as parents the costumes would be top notch! I have your socks done finally!