As most of you know, or don't know, or have forgotten, Halloween is pretty big in Hershey. We didn't go to the town parade, because it was freezing, and even got rescheduled to another day. Which also the outlet stores Halloween Egg Hunt also got postponed until today. Which is actually our "Halloween". Our town or area goes on the Thursday before Halloween. I have heard that it is to help keep kids safer, keep the sickos away, and cut down on partying, I guess. So, we started it off by hitting up the outlets. There wasn't as many people this year, and I think because it got moved to a different day, and that day was our trick-or-treating day. So there was a ton of candy!! There is a picture at the end that will show the "mound". But I was getting Jaedon all prepped to get excited and just go out there and get as much stuff as he could. Well, he did get excited, and ran out right away, but as soon as kids surrounded him on both sides, he was done. SO, sadly to say, I was one of those parents that was out there picking up the candy for my kid. But Jaedon wasn't picking it up, so I guess that evened things out. ALSO, since I was "helping" Jaedon pick up the candy, I didn't get any of Livy on her first Halloween Egg Hunt.

Here is the "mound"!
And here is the onesie of the cowgirl boots and tutu I said in the last post that I would add.
My friend Linds, was my first customer, and wanted a giraffe applique. So I had to do the bird and fish as practice, since I have never done it before. But I think it turned out really cute! :)




9 comments:
OK that is a haul and you should be set for candy for the rest of the year. Is it cold out their? because it has been very warm here and I was thinking this would probably be the first time it would be nice for trick or treaters. Your craftiness is voing great and the creations are very cute. I love the pictures of Livy and Jaedon with their big smiles.
Wow, I always thought it was sick when my kids went trick or treating. It looks like you had great fun. Your outfits are adorable.
I love your orange and black tights. Everyone looks great.
WOW! Of course I have missed a few posts because you are a good blogger. first of all you ARE your mother's daughter so of course you are crafty, it is a GIVEN! duh :)
I for sure think you can sell all that stuff and the prices you mentioned I think are great.
Of course I think the bangs are cute too, and especially the picture AND especially your costume. Kace asked me what I was dressing up for today and I said, uh, a mom?!" BORING BORING BORING
Livy looks like she is loving all the candy!
wow, that is quite a haul! all you're onsies are darling. the giraffe kills me! i love it!!
Wow, that is a TON of candy! Livy looks so cute in her costume. Good luck with your shop! I wanted to tell you that after making my cosutme for Madi, in answer to your question of "would people buy this?" After realizing how easy it was, I thought why would I buy one when I can make is so easy. But there are tons of people who don't have the time or any desire to do crafty stuff, so I think you'll find plenty of people to buy from you. I had a girl ask me the first time I had Madi in hers if I would be willing to make one to sell. They seem to be a big hit right now. Good Luck!
Looks like the little ones collected enough goodies they can share with mom and dad! Everyone looks so dang cute in their costumes! I also love your outfit Mel, expecially the socks. Personally, I loved the 'dead fish'! And , the giraffe is adorable. You do a great job!
Woah! Those are so cute! I especially love the giraffe.
Hey Mel! I was just on Kristin's blog and saw your name! What a cute family! Your kids are adorable. And you can sew-you are way talented! Take care! Tiffany (Maughan)
Post a Comment