Wednesday, October 1, 2008

things on my mind

  • my triathlon... it is this Saturday. I am kind of scared, excited, and just have some mixed emotions. I am glad that it is finally here though. I did a full practice run-through when we were in Atlantic City, well actually Sea View or Absecon. Not sure exactly the town we were actually in. But any way, I swam, biked, and ran in an hour and 50 minutes. So my goal is to at least be under an hour and 45 minutes.
  • Atlantic City (or where ever we were)... I forgot my camera so I haven't posted anything about it, but it was very fun and I was so glad that my Grandparents came out, because I got the feeling multiple of times to enjoy this time with them, because it may not happen again. When will I ever spend a whole week with just them and my mom! Thanks for the fun times. You can check out my family's blog and see what my mom has posted about it at jonesjabber.blogspot.com or just click on Jones Famlily under my blog list.
  • Jon... he is truly the love of my life. I was having a really bad day and feeling like I was the worst wife, the worst mom, the worst daughter, the worst sister. Every thing I did and said would just be totally wrong. It was mainly that I was a bad mom though, but then as time went on it just grew into that I was just the worst person ever, and at everything I did. But when I got back from Atlantic City, Jon had a dozen roses for me....ahhhh. I love that guy!
  • Liz (Jon's sister) did a tag of quirkiest things... I am supposed to come up with 6, but I can only really think of a few. So here are some: 1. Whenever I feel up the car with gas I have to have the cents land on a multiple of 5. Like 39.50, or 40.30. I have done this for as long as I can remember. I think my dad may do it. Mom you will have to verify for me. Also when I set my alarm, the minutes are set for multiples of 5's as well. Just seems weird to set it for 6:12 2. Which leads me into that I have to have an even number of children...2,4, or 6. I think it will probably be 4. So whenever we pair up with someone, we won't have an odd number of people and no one is left out. 3. I think I have a little of OCD in me when it comes to cleaning/organizing and having things in their place. When people help out and are being nice...don't get me wrong, I appreciate that they are considerate and help out, but I usually go back through and have to do it "my" way, and put things back in there "place". Sorry if that offends anyone, but just know that when you come over don't feel like you have to do anything, because I will probably just go back through and re-do what you have just done after you leave. Which is probably why I am not quite as willing as I should be to help others straighten up at their homes. Again, sorry! That is all I can think of right now. I am sure I have more. I will have to ask Jon when he gets home

8 comments:

Claudia said...

Well, Melanie I think you are a fantastic wife, mother, and person in general so just know your views of yourself are distorted! Change your thought patterns and realize you are not a perfect parent, spouse, etc. (no one is!) but you are a work in progress. Be patient, especially with yourself and pat yourself on the back for the good things you do. We are all so quick to fault ourselves, but rarely do we pat ourselves on the back for the good things we do. Good luck on your triathalon! Can't wait to hear about it! Claudia And, oh yes, I understand your ocd on cleaning!!! Just ask Lizzy!!!

Linds said...

I whole heartedly agree with your mom. We all have those times in our lives when we feel like we have done nothing right! You are an amazing mom, spouse, and daughter! I am so impressed you are running a triathlon. You made a goal and stuck to it! way to go. I am envious. I have two girls in my family, Emma and my mom that have the "numbers" personality. They count everything and like everything in a certain sequence of numbers. I bet you look at and memorize license plates, counts stairs, maybe telephone poles or other things while you are driving right?
Mel, you are great!! Keep truckin and good luck this weekend!

Donene said...

Mel, You are a GREAT Mom and wife, I saw that while we were visiting. Yes we all have bad days but then it just makes us appreciate the good ones more. I am not sure about Dad and the 5 thing but I am not that way because my alarm is set for 5:17 and has been for a long time and if I need to wake up later, I set it for 6:17, 7:17, I think I am just too lazy to change the minutes. I usually wake up about 1 minute before it goes off though. I kind of am the same way about cleaning but the older I get the less it bothers me when someone else cleans, in fact I have appreciated it more. Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting us come and stay and visit, you were great hosts!!

Kelley Flint said...

I can't believe your triathlon is this weekend. Good luck. I can't wait to hear how it goes. And you are a fantastic mother, among many other things. Your kids adore you.

Jana said...

Good Luck on your triathlon!! I know you will do great!

Rachel said...

Those are the cutest new pictures of the kids........on the side of the blog.
DUH, you are a great EVERYTHING!!I have learned that you just have to talk positively to yourself, because when you talk negatively you tend to start believing them, SO naturally it works the other way around too.
love ya
and good luck TODAY!!

Donene said...

Good luck Mel, I know you will do great!!!!

kate said...

i totally feel like the worst mom and wife too sometimes. i don't know why those feelings come, but they can't be from anywhere good. it's hard, but we just have to get over it and start playing with our kids and making them laugh until we feel better. then we can go on a date with our handsome husbands who have the ability to make us feel like we're the best thing ever. i can tell you're a really good mom because your kids always look so happy! hope your tri was great and i can't wait to read about it!